YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought a new 2013 yfz 450 last year from the dealer. took it out once and it ran great. then winter came i took it out once it ran great again then the next snow day 3 days later i took it out and it started acting up. when i was on decel and part throttle it would back fire and want to stall. also the pipe was bright red so i new it came from the factory needing to be jetted. so i got some gets i 55 pilot and i believe a 150 or 155 main if i remeber correctly. put them in and it keeps cranking but wont turn over. so i got some starting fluid sprayed it and it idles and sounds fine but wont stay running for long. when i give it some gas after it starts quick it sounds like a a backfire but also like a weird metal clanking noise. i know its not the motor because when its idleing it is fine no knocking what so ever. maybe its the baffle i removed and put back in becuase i thought that is effecting it not running right either. but also why wont it stay running?

also my fuel screw was all the way closed so i opened it up to almost a full turn.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also theres two hoses that i believe are vents because i dont see anywhere they can go. if someone can look at there 2012-2013 that would be great. these pics are of a t on the passenger side of the quad. and also on the drivers side there is a grey hose with purple line that goes behind the sensor i believe those 3 are vents?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.