YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here i am. just sold a crf450 and have cash to burn. first mney drop is goint to be on some cool hiper cf with beadlock and razr II 6ply's.
What i need for you guys is a good recomendation on what sizes to buy for someone who rides the natural terrain at rausch and some woods stuff.
Please dont try to talk me out of the wheels or the tires because my mind has been made up. all i want from you guys is what exact size i need for my wheels and tires front and back.

Thank you guys.

PS. dont assume that i know anythiong about size so dont go saying yeah get a 10 assuming that i already know width and offset and such. thanx again.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is the recomendation on the wheels i got from hiper.

"For the type of riding that you do, I would recommend the 10x5 single beadlock fronts which have a 1.5+3.5 offset and the 9x9 dual beadlock rears with a 4+5 offset. These measurements will work within the 50" requirements. The front wheels ".

Anybody disagree with this?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are quoting me 172 for the fronts and 198 for rear each. that sound ok?

now what size rubber?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
OUR PRICE:

fronts should be $177 each
rears should be $192 each

if you havent noticed ... our monthly special is FREE shipping (within the 48 states) on Hiper wheels this month....
so if you order from us you recieve free shipping.

just so you all know there is an approx. 2 week wait on wheels from hiper.... and 8x8 beadlocks are backordered until DEC 1. just to let you know ahead of time.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by woodwardspecialties@Nov 13 2003, 04:25 PM
OUR PRICE:

fronts should be $177 each
rears should be $192 each

if you havent noticed ... our monthly special is FREE shipping (within the 48 states) on Hiper wheels this month....
so if you order from us you recieve free shipping.

just so you all know there is an approx. 2 week wait on wheels from hiper.... and 8x8 beadlocks are backordered until DEC 1. just to let you know ahead of time.
how do they compare in offset to the stock yfz wheels?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
that i am not sure of i dont have stockers here to check... i beleive they will widen the stance up a bit....

according to Lisa at Hiper they are only offering the fronts with 1.5 3.5 offset for the YFZ. and it will fall under the 50 inch limit... but i imagine the offset is a bit wider than stock

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just bought a set of HiPers (10/5 3+2 offset front, and 9/9, 4+5 offset rear) from WoodwardATV. With Holeshot XCR 21/7 fronts and Razr 2 20/11 rears they measure up at 45.25 wide in front and 45.5 wide in the rear with stock axles/arms.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by JoelK@Nov 14 2003, 05:22 AM
I just bought a set of HiPers (10/5 3+2 offset front, and 9/9, 4+5 offset rear) from WoodwardATV. With Holeshot XCR 21/7 fronts and Razr 2 20/11 rears they measure up at 45.25 wide in front and 45.5 wide in the rear with stock axles/arms.
how much with shipping?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by JoelK@Nov 14 2003, 05:22 AM
is that measurement you provided a center to center (of tire) width or outside to outside (of tire) width?

any idea what the wheels weigh? front and or the back ones?

also how much do the raroz 2s weigh in back? I thought they were near 17 lbs a piece.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one more question. how hard is it to mount tires on atv rims? do the tires or rims come with the valve stems? some insight sure would be nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FAST1 and seatec, the weight on the wheels are 5,6lbs for the rear and 4,8lbs for the front(each). The mounting of the tires on the rims is very easy since they are beadlocks. All you have to do is place the rim inside the tire and screw the tire snug to the rim(No effort required). The wheels come with the valve stems. Hope all questions are answered. By the way, I also have them on my YFZ (10x5 Frt, 9x9 Rr) and they are simply the best. Well worth the price.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Fastest1@Nov 17 2003, 03:51 AM
FAST1 and seatec, the weight on the wheels are 5,6lbs for the rear and 4,8lbs for the front(each). The mounting of the tires on the rims is very easy since they are beadlocks. All you have to do is place the rim inside the tire and screw the tire snug to the rim(No effort required). The wheels come with the valve stems. Hope all questions are answered. By the way, I also have them on my YFZ (10x5 Frt, 9x9 Rr) and they are simply the best. Well worth the price.
Fasest1. thanx for the info. Now nothing stands in my way of ordering the hipers. they look absolutely badd-a$$. Oh and if a certain friend of mine with a newly acquired blue YFZ is reading this thread i got this to say: Are you happy now?? i am buying them. :lol

Only bummer is that i have to wait until the 20th wehn i receive the proceeds of my crf450 sell. can't wait.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The measurements I gave above were outside to outside. I forget exactly what I paid, but I bought them from Woodward before the free shipping special, so I paid more than you will today! I don't have a scale to weigh them with tires (already mounted) but if I get the chance next time I am at my parents house I will use theirs and post the info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts