Registered
194 Posts
Look closely boys!!!

That 400ex is powered by a 450 motor!!

Damn sweet ride I must say!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I am shitting bricks. the is the YFZ engine! That is awesome! How long did it take to make that? How does it handle to a stock YFZ since yours is in a Honda Frame?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahah...looks like a honda .... but has that yamaha power.... kind of a sleeper i guess...

but anyway i havent really rode it much yet.... just in a parking lot.... i cut my hand a while back and had to have surgery to repair a tendon... anyway the doctors dont want me riding yet.... so it sits... its actaully not 100% done yet... i still have to put on the rad shrounds and make some adjustments..

honestly i prefer it over the YFZ... but i havent really rode either yet... this just has more room in there to work on the motorwith easier access... the yfz is a lil cramped....

only downfall is i have a ported yfz400.... and it is kick start.... it starts right up pretty easy though.... so i dont mind it....

i hav ebeen working on it since about december.... slowly building it from scratch.... bought a brand new frame from honda and sut the mounts out etc.... bought a used motor.... pulled it apart powdercoated the cases and rebuilt the entire thing.... new bearings crank, rod, piston etc..... some port work and valve work also.... added a better ignition and some carb mods....

i thik it will run with the 450.... and most definatly out handel a stock one.... but keep in mind i do have a lot of suspension upgrades..... the yfz would prolly run right there with this if not better with the same upgrades....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts