YFZ Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was racin today and was coming around a corner 3rd gear tapped when I got stuck splitting two gnarly ruts...high centered and my FRONT stopped instantly...my rear end decided to continue on and ended up pile driving me into the dirt. I never thought my quad would be able to do a stoppie like that...but it did...and it hurt like a mother.

Well this is my stem...that hit the ground about a half a foot away from my head....I was lucky. There was a lot of force slamming down...

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
it'll buff out.

how does the frame look around there? i know everytime i bent a stem it would always tweak the frame as well.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We checked and everything seems ok...I raced again today and it seemed to be handling the same.

I wish I coulda rode it out drummer....it was in the middle of my second moto and I was battling it out with 2 guys....I tipped the quad back over only to find that my bars were on my gas tank.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hell heat it up with a torch! Put it in a vice and bend in back in place! hahahhaa... That looks pretty serious Jordon. I dont do stems sorry buddy...

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Damn bro, your lucky you didn't get hurt. Glad to hear your already back racing.

Kinda sounds like (R.I.P. Jeremy Lusk's) crash in a way, someone was watching over you.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
man you got lucky! i didnt think aftermarket stems were supposed to bend that easly!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (YFZ450Racer411 @ Feb 11 2009, 02:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745320
i didnt kno they made a stem for a 10 foot person :mhihi:[/b]
Haha +2 get's the job done :icon_cool:

QUOTE (07YFZ450SE-R @ Feb 11 2009, 02:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745337
Damn bro, your lucky you didn't get hurt. Glad to hear your already back racing.

Kinda sounds like (R.I.P. Jeremy Lusk's) crash in a way, someone was watching over you.[/b]
Ya, I didn't really realize how hard I crashed until I checked out the quad...definately had an angel keepin that thing off me :icon_biggrin:

QUOTE (ATV24/7 @ Feb 11 2009, 05:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745450
man you got lucky! i didnt think aftermarket stems were supposed to bend that easly![/b]
Seriously...when I saw the crease in it I was shocked...I figured they would bend but not crease....crazy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts