YFZ Central banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Have fun cracking cases and frames. The motor mount is the weak point for a reason. Your engine is loose somewhere, pull the entire engine and re-install it and really pay attention to the swing arm mounting area.

But wtf do i know, I've just broken everything listed above from this issue.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yeah what he said.^^^^ You might want to re-torque all the mounts in the order the manual states.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok why does Walsh and a few other companies offer them than? :strokin:
Im sure ill be ok.

And there not just because of broken motor mounts...I also think they look better. :shocker:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Haha ok man its ur decision. I ran nmotion motor mounts for a while (3/8" gusseted bends) and went through 2 complete cases and snapped off the mounting tabs. The fault? Swing arm mounting point wasn't set right.

You start breaking other stuff and you know why. The motor mounts are a weak point for a reason. I don't care how hard you ride the motor shouldn't be moving around enough to break a motor mount. If you are breaking them it means something is loose. That is the bottom line.

Don't care? Good break your sh!t

·
Registered
762 Posts
QUOTE (Oregon's Finest @ Feb 26 2009, 06:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751483
Haha ok man its ur decision. I ran nmotion motor mounts for a while (3/8" gusseted bends) and went through 2 complete cases and snapped off the mounting tabs. The fault? Swing arm mounting point wasn't set right.

You start breaking other stuff and you know why. The motor mounts are a weak point for a reason. I don't care how hard you ride the motor shouldn't be moving around enough to break a motor mount. If you are breaking them it means something is loose. That is the bottom line.

Don't care? Good break your sh!t[/b]

Haha! Couldn't have been said better. I remember seeing you posts about your motor mount issues. Not to sure why he got so butt hurt about our responses I thought we were just trying to help! Oh well.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I was so pissed about it. I probably spent $400 on motor mounts. Upgraded to nmotion mounts and never broke one (beastly little bastards). When i started cracking cases and frames I discovered the reason why I was having those problems...

·
Registered
257 Posts
sorry if i steer away from the original topic but i keep cracking motor mounts, and when i put my swing arm back on i put new motor mounts on too, and after 2 rides they are cracked again.. so im gunna check/tighten all my motor/mount bolts but this could also happen because the way i put my swing arm on? i never heard that before but ill take any advice i can get im tired of spending money on mounts!! haha

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The way the swingarm mounting point is leads to it being installed incorrectly quite easily. Just double check all the mounting points.

IF everything is right and torqued to spec. IF IF IF this is true and you are still cracking mounts, upgrade a mount and gusset the frame. Frame flex could also cause this. But the forces necessary to do so are ridiculously high. Like flat land a 120 footer high.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I just want to say that the mounts do look awesome! I think you did a great job. Please keep us posted if anything happens to the case or frame. I would keep a good eye on the torque specs though just in case.

I don't think they are trying to dis your work here, they are just speaking from experience. That is one of the best things about this site! At least one person around here as been there or done that.

Great job man!

·
Registered
874 Posts
i just wanna know how you would install a swingarm incorrectly? not bashin anyone, just wanna know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha holy crap I never thought a couple pics of some motor mounts would get everybodys panties in a bunch.....but yea thanks Transplanted, I know what you mean about advice but I guess SOME people just come off like D!ckheads sometimes

I mean advice is better taken without all the stupid sarcasim that people have to put into it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
QUOTE (quadracer2 @ Feb 27 2009, 04:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751866
Haha holy crap I never thought a couple pics of some motor mounts would get everybodys panties in a bunch.....but yea thanks Transplanted, I know what you mean about advice but I guess SOME people just come off like D!ckheads sometimes

I mean advice is better taken without all the stupid sarcasim that people have to put into it.[/b]
Yeah well you shouldn't really care how I come off. This "dickhead" is trying to save you money. If you don't take my advice because of that, then have fun looking like a jackass who decided to go against my warning on what is simply a matter of principle. I cracked 2 cases and my frame in my pursuit of stopping the front motor mount issue.

As for the swing arm, there is a bolt that goes through the frame swingarm and motor. That's the bolt you need to check.

·
Registered
328 Posts
YOU ARE AN IDIOT! AND REFERRING TO MY OTHER POST BEFORE, YOU ARE ALSO A DOUCHE BAG, ALL I CAN SAY IS BUY YOUR SELF A BOX OF THEM AND WASH THE SAND OUT!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oregon's Finest......You need to go buy yourself a short rope and a weak stool. (Just trying to save you money....its cheaper than a bullet) :loser: :strokin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.