YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know it is not a YFZ, but I guess you could call it a distant cousin? Here is my Lonestar 426f. It has Axis all around with a Leager ProTrax front end. Handles like a dream. I am tossing around the idea of getting a YFZ as a backup and trail ride, but man, I wish it had reverse. Oh well, I guess nothing is perfect. But, it is pretty close.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice. I wonder what would be faster, the yfz or your 426?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have ridden a YFZ450 but it didn't have the cam mod. All it had was a sparks pipe and re jet. I felt the 426 had a little more initial bark, but after that they were about the same. I hear that if you do the cam mod, they are pretty much the same motor. I can tell you this though, the YFZ is the best handling stock framed ATV I have EVER ridden. Even with the stock suspension, it feels very similar to a mod chassis with high dollar shocks. I would love to have one, but right now I am building a Z as a trail machine because I wanted to have reverse. If it wasn't for that, I would have a 450 in the garage right now.

Scott

·
Registered
676 Posts
Very nice quad. I had a YZ quad just a few months ago that i built. It had PEP ZPS around and LSR Longtravel front end. The motor was stock besides a pipe and clutch and a few more minor things. But i rode a yfz and it had alot more torque than my yz. But the YZ would take it in top end ,not by much. I invested 8k into it in aftermakret accories and i sold it for 6500 and bought a YFZ and couldnt be happier. Although i miss the suspension :cry

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure Andy, you, me, 100 bucks and 20 laps.

Scott

PS
I will get my sister in law the paramedic to be there for you when you have a stroke

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by ANDYLOHR@Oct 21 2003, 09:01 PM
MY YFZ EATER,,
you may have a stock yfz beater there. BUT you have like 20,000 in that, but i put 20,000 into mine INCLUDING a new bike cost and guess what. we would have a CRF-TRX EATTER :re

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Then maybe you and your 20000 dollar YFZ eater should move up from the amateur class and give old Chad a run on his stock POS. I mean, you have been raicng FOREVER........

hehhehhehee

Scott

·
Registered
319 Posts
he's simply boasting his ego, since in fact he knows he wasted a ton of money on a quad which is simply not legal for production class. and is not ever ever going to be as reliable as a trx (internal mods he cant perform). and the fact that its not as powerful as the yamaha motor already shows he's like most other honda riders. stubborn and mentally unstable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts