YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my quads blowing oil out the crank case breather all over the back of my quad, and the spark plug keeps getting drenched in oil. coolant somehow comes out of the overflow bottle all over the back of my quad but its still got about the same amount of coolant in it as it always does, so i know the overflow bottle isnt leaking. the quad only starts up sometimes but it will pop start, i checked/cleaned the plug and it seems it only gets spark once in a while? i dont think it helps that its getting doused in oil but im going to get a new plug saturday.. im not really sure whats going on so i need some help here. the quad got a new top end in july 08, havnt had problems till now. any help is appreciated, thanks :icon_cool:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
is it spewing blue smoke? cause if it isnt then its not oil that is on your spark plug, you would be able to see that in the exhaust color. is the oil level right? do you do alot of wheelies? both would cause the oil overflow. and maybe the cap is leaky on the coolant reservior.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it doesnt smoke. i thought it was maybe blowing oil couse i put too much in, but its fine i checked it like a hundred times haha. i never do wheelies. and the caps not leaky but the hose thats coming out of the cap is where the coolents pouring out of.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
then it shouldnt be oil thats on the spark plug... i assume you changed the plug? sometimes they look fine, but arent.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts