YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

just got it yesterday. its mine and my brothers, we are going to share like good siblings :lol we will be going to races is style this year.

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
very nice..what is that about 22 feet?
Rear loading ramp?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a horton hauler. its 20 feet long. it has a rear door that comes down like a ramp. was told by the guy i bought it from the ramp would hold a car. all i need it to hold is my yfz. :D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
how much did you pay

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a 01 model, got for 3000 bucks. we priced a new one, it was around 5000. so we went the economical route. more money to spend on my quad.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i pulled a v nose 12 foot trailer with my nissan for two years had to let go of the trailer my truck has no more guts to pull it lol

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it only weighs in at a little over 2000 lbs. i got a full size dodge that will do the job. it can pull up to 5000lbs according to the owners manual. its also has brakes on the trailer. i will have to get the hook up for truck so i can use the brakes on it.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I would definately take advantage of the trailer brakes.. sounds like you've got a nice tow rig..

When I pull my 3 place Triton flatbed aluminum trailer (weighs 550lb) with 3 quads my little 2.7L 4 banger Tacoma struggles a bit.. uses gas like a big block V 8 and I've got to use some extra distance for breaking.. However if I am riding alone I just haul the YFZ in the box and I don't even know its there.

Wouldn't mind having a nice pull like yours though.. tools, gas, equipment and a storage place for it all when you get back home.. sounds like you got a great price too..

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
The family has a trailler just like that. The gate will hold a car too. Right now it stores the 55 Chevy show car. Talk about freekin heavy.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Originally posted by herb@Jan 8 2004, 04:34 PM
it only weighs in at a little over 2000 lbs. i got a full size dodge that will do the job. it can pull up to 5000lbs according to the owners manual. its also has brakes on the trailer. i will have to get the hook up for truck so i can use the brakes on it.
Herb,
I have the Tekonsha Prodigy® Interia-Activated Brake Control 1 to 4 Axle Brake Systems installed on my Dodge truck. One of the Best units out there... Stops my 5th Wheel Toybox with no problems at all. Once you set it, You'll never need to adjust the settings again.

www.tekonsha.com
Shop around, I got mine off of Ebay for $80.00 new... $11.95 for the wire harness at Camping World.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts