YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Here's my new stem that I just finished making last night....

The reason I made this is because I bent my Lonestar Stem when I rolled over......The stem should not have bent since the quad rolled on top of me, and not the ground :re My frame held up perfectly, and so did the rest of the bike. Only thing that was damaged was the LSR stem. :disgust

Attachments

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
:O that stem looks [email protected]$$ levi!!......... cant wait til u build mine ;) :blah

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another.....it's sort of like the RPM stem, but a hair different. It's constructed out of .120 wall 4130 Chromoly, and should NOT bend. :lol :lol :lol

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
NICE JOB!!!! Tig welding is the balls, Im looking at a few different tig units right now, I havent made my mind up on which one I want yet, but Hobart has a nice machine I like alot.

Did you machine the bottom splined section, or did you cut and weld??

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by AZblaster44+Dec 27 2003, 04:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AZblaster44 @ Dec 27 2003, 04:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YFZ_53@Dec 27 2003, 01:38 PM
:O that stem looks [email protected]$$ levi!!......... cant wait til u build mine ;)  :blah
if you want one like that get an rpm.. [/b][/quote]
well I am probably going to be selling these too......so who knows......

And here is a pic midway through construction with out the bar pad.....I would take another picture, but my CD adapter for the camera is stuck in the disk drive, and I can't get it out :angry

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Great stem ya made there! Be sure to let us know how the first ride is.
I love how you put electrical tape over LONESTAR. :lol

:yfz

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by AZblaster44+Dec 27 2003, 11:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AZblaster44 @ Dec 27 2003, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YFZ_53@Dec 27 2003, 01:38 PM
:O that stem looks [email protected]$$ levi!!......... cant wait til u build mine ;)  :blah
if you want one like that get an rpm.. [/b][/quote]
levi will hook me up huh levi ;)...... if he does sell them, i will buy one, im not paying that much for an RPM stem when levis is prolly stronger and ill always help out a friend before a company :rock

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nice job, Levi! I guess once my LSR stem bends I'll be giving you a call..... :lol

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Looks very, very nice!!

What did you do at the bottom? Cut-n-Weld?

When you gonna sell them and what kinda price?

·
Registered
836 Posts
NICE JOB!!!! Tig welding is the balls, Im looking at a few different tig units right now, I havent made my mind up on which one I want yet, but Hobart has a nice machine I like alot.

Miller ....... nuff said

I use the [email protected] outta my SD180 sychrowave. It's not the most expensive machine Miller put's out but it does do about any of the chromo/alum work that I've needed it for. Real happy with the product. I do have a Miller mig as well, and am very pleased with it as well.

:lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Dec 27 2003, 06:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Dec 27 2003, 06:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 11:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--YFZ_53
@Dec 27 2003, 01:38 PM

if you want one like that get an rpm..
levi will hook me up huh levi ;)...... if he does sell them, i will buy one, im not paying that much for an RPM stem when levis is prolly stronger and ill always help out a friend before a company :rock [/b][/quote]
If Levi sells them I'll but one from him depending on the price...but i get a good deal on rpm products so who knows :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
That looks sweet.
One question though. Where id you buy your handlebars, how much are they and what bend are they?
Tony

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by yogi@Dec 29 2003, 11:21 AM
man that thing is ugly!
:re

It's more function than form.......but in person it looks alot better than in those pictures. But if you want a pretty one, I guess I can make you one Identical to every other swingin' dick's out there, and paint it pink with some "Pretty" Yellow elephants on it 8|

1 - 20 of 61 Posts