YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry the battery on my 450 exploded and the whole thing burned to the ground. i have been told that it wuold be a waist of time to call yamaha, does anyone have any suggestions.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It just exploded? Can you elaborate a little? Was it parked? Were you trying to jump start it? Had you just ridden it?

Also, keep us updated on what happens... I haven't had any charging system problems, but I think some have.

btw, Welcome to YFZCentral. ;)

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
that sux dude....... i would call and try to do sumthing about it...... if u were a ur house, it mite be covered under ur home owners insurance.... Welcome! :sup

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Originally posted by ather@Jan 6 2004, 07:35 PM
:angry the battery on my 450 exploded and the whole thing burned to the ground.  i have been told that it wuold be a waist of time to call yamaha, does anyone have any suggestions.
Well this definitely Get's a BuckWheat WTF!
I sure would like to know how this happened :O ... I keep mine on a Trickle Charger in the garage with my other toys... I'd call Yamaha just to let them know about what just happened.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had it on the charger for a couple hours, it was in the building were i store it. the home owners insurance said they could not cover it.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by ather@Jan 7 2004, 03:55 AM
the home owners insurance said they could not cover it.
dang man..... they usually cover stuff like that if it happens there....... maybe everyone could pitch in a little to help u :what :yfz

·
Registered
170 Posts
Maybe you would have some luck with the charger manufacturer?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sounds like an internal short in the battery. It could possibly be a behavior called thermal runaway which causes rapid overheating when charging current is too high.
What kind of battery charger did you have?

·
Registered
834 Posts
I charged mine the other day and it was fully charged in like 5 minutes. Definately not a "car battery"

You should post some pics, maybe they will give you quad of the month?

Homeowners insurance should cover a fire in your garage. That is total B.S. that they say they will not. Make them pay for your loss, that is what insurance if for. :angry

·
Registered
321 Posts
man that sux,,,,,,i mean really :eek

i feel for ya man :bawl
and i too think homeowners ins should do something,,,,,,,but ins companies are wierd when it comes to paying you ,,,,,,,,they just like you to pay them :angry

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by ather@Jan 6 2004, 07:55 PM
i had it on the charger for a couple hours, it was in the building were i store it.  the home owners insurance said they could not cover it.
Did the building where you store it burn also? Who put out the fire? How do you know that the YFZ even started the fire?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Homeowners should cover it if it was inside the garage. What about ins on the quad itself?

Sorry to hear about your loss, you gonna have a funeral? I know I would. :blah

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
That is aweful!! :O :eek :O

Is it still under warranty??

You might want to let Yamaha know anyway so they have it on record for future possible occurrences.

Homeowners should cover it. :what
Might depend on the policy and coverage also.
What about Ins on the quad, like Motorcycle Ins??

Gotto post some pics of that one for sure.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I hate to break it to you guys. Most home owners insurances dont cover DIrt bikes and quads. THats why i got a seperate policy from Progressive to cover that and theft and such. SOmeone could steal the quad while it was running in the middle of no where and i would still get a new one. Look into it. It's worth it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
that sucks man sorry to hear that. i hate insurance co. they always say yea we will cover that then when it comes time to pay they are full of excuses :angry

andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, I am an insurance agent, and just so everyone knows and is not under the wrong impression atv's and motorcycles are not covered under your homeowners policy, ever, for any reason. If you have a Farm/Ranch policy, you can add the coverage for a very small amount, but be sure you add theft coverage, because it is not included. Bottomline is, if you want your atv covered, get a policy just for it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Home owners insurance will cover the damage done to a fire inside of your garage that is not the responcibilty of your auto insurance..

Onlything auto insuance is for, is collision, theft, property damage.. If your house burns down and your car is in the garage thats covered under home owners..

Home owners will not cover theft off property but will cover theft of items inside of the car if its on the property..

I say its bs your homeOwners will not cover the quad due to an electrical problem that orrignated from your homes electic..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts