YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 400ex i run plus 3 with 4+1, is that cool with the YFZ too? I was thinking that would be best but will it be too wide? Maybe a +2 with stock front wheels, that would be an inch narrower.....Let me know what you guys are doing

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
a +3 arm and a 4+1 rim will be the same width as a +2 arm with stock offset.... im not sure if the YFZ is 44 or 46 in the front, i know rear is 46 but not sure bout front...... ull have to have sumone tell u.. hope i helped..... Trey

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the rear was 46 and the front was 44.....if the front is 46 then theres no way were gonna get a plus 3 to fit in...i know the plus 3 with 4+1 was better bc i had it and plus 2 with stock on my 400ex the offset helps out the steering alot..ANybody bought the burgards yet, ive got to sell somemore parts and then its time for YFZ parts :rock

·
Registered
58 Posts
Like to make a point here. The reason for 1x4 offset wheels is for the center of the tire will be over the ball joint. Makes steering great. So when the good aftermarket guys build there A-arms, they try and keep the quad at 49" wide with 1x4 rims.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by dawzie@Jul 30 2003, 11:16 PM
Like to make a point here. The reason for 1x4 offset wheels is for the center of the tire will be over the ball joint. Makes steering great. So when the good aftermarket guys build there A-arms, they try and keep the quad at 49" wide with 1x4 rims.
exactly correct...... the closer the inside of the wheel is to the ball joint, the easier its going to be to steer, the less its going to want to push, and the handling is just going to be overall better

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by dawzie@Jul 30 2003, 11:16 PM
i think you mean 4+1. 1+4 would have the ball joints exposed, as well as the brake disk's and pads, etc. but, other than that, you are exactly right. its not always about getting maximum width, which misleads people sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts