YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is barley anywhere legal to ride where I live...

They are making an MX tracks here,,, 180 to join, 35 each time you go.... thats sounds like a lot of doe to me...

is it like that everywhere? :bawl

·
Registered
240 Posts
I live in Alberta, Canada.
And a near by mx track charges $20 per go for non-members, and 100 for a year membership, and $0 per go.

·
Registered
836 Posts
California OHV parks-most all of them have MX track's. For both quads and MC's. When I say both, I mean the quad track is for quad only-and the MC track is for two wheel machines only. It's $4 every time you go. My son bought me an annual pass for 2004 this Christmas...... WOO HOO! :rock

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Vorra65 - Ive ridden the MX quad track at Prairie City and its fine but if you want to ride a real nice track go to Marysville Riverfront MX. It costs $15 but its well maintained with much bigger jumps

Let me know if you want to go sometime and I will meet you there

·
Registered
836 Posts
Sweet,

Have you been up to Mammoth Bar? Somebody was tellin me, the other day - that the track there is pretty nice. Gonna have to make it up there. The guy was tellin me there is nice mix, of trail's-both one way and two way as well as the track. I like air, but the body don't hold up to air-n it out like it used to. If we decide to get up there, we'll give you a yell. :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Forgot to mention....

Just when the track at Prarie get's real nice, some idiot in a brown shirt thinks he's an MXer. Goe's out with the scraper and just jacks it up. It's been closed for awhile now with all the standing water out there. PC is like 20 min. from my house so, we run out there at a drop of the hat. Ride for a couple of hours, load up. Then sit back -have a few adult bev's and watch all the DHPR (dickhead pit racers). Those people irritate the [email protected] outta me. All that open space, and they have to haulass (look at me, look at me) in the pit's. I'm gonna beat somebody's ass one of these day's when a little kid that's just learning get's creamed by some idiot showin off.

I'm amazed at the lack of common sense in most human's.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I dont get the guys that rip through the pits at PC :uhoh

with all the law they got out there you would think they would cite them.

once the weather gets better we should have all the norcal YFZ guys meet up out there for a ride and some adult bevs. Ive riden with Barely Legal and cr250_dude from this forum out there a few times

·
Registered
836 Posts
I dont get the guys that rip through the pits at PC
Yeah, Ranger Rick (that's what we call him), should write a few hefty ticket's. Or, tell em to load em up and leave. I am in no way against haulin ass. But I make sure I don't do it around a bunch of people. After all the years off from riding bikes,now riding again- I'm not really afraid of hurting myself. I do pay close attention when I'm riding around others, so I don't get center punched by somebody riding "over their head". It just kill's me that away from the pit's-there is plenty o space to get wild and haul A. But I think it's kind of an exhibition of low self esteem, all the showing off and such. I know alcohol, grows big ball's and shrinks brain tissue too. At 44 I've learned to mellow a bit. I alway's look forward to the next time I can go riding cause I didn't hurt myself or break my machine from stupidity. Sound like a grandpa, huh?
Oh well........

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dam, ny is so dam expensive!!!!! having a quad on long island sux....

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Hey vorra65,

I live in LA and always wanted to try a track somowhere, is Prairie City around here, I never heard of it and sure like to try. By the way, I'm not one of those idiots that like to show off, just like to have some fun but safe. I have a 10 year old son that rides and I don't want him to learn bad habits.

Let me know of any good tracks in So. Cal.

Thanks,

·
Registered
836 Posts
bigbadyfz,

PC is a long ways from you. It's just outside Sacramento, in the foothills of the Sierra's. Check out the link below, a whole list of CA MX tracks. Make sure and call em up, to see if they have a designated quad track.

I have a 10 year old son that rides and I don't want him to learn bad habits.
Short story,

My son and I are out at PC one day. We notice this guy, on a Polaris-shredding up the pit's. You know, every turn is a power donut, constantly blipping the throttle. All the things, a-holes do to get you to look at them. Well, his son is riding with him-kid looks to be about maybe 10/11. The kid is on a 250 something, can't remember exactly. As the day progresses, Dad is still doin the look at me stuff. He blast 's off and leave's the kid in the pit's. Now Junior figure's it's his turn to shine. Start's a series of sliding donut's, the bike hook's up- hi sides the kid and pins him under it. We run over and get the kid out from under the bike, he's cryin and carryin on. Dad come's sliding up-real concerned. As soon as he see's that nothin's broke. He go's into this sickening diatribe- about how you should always respect your machine, yada yada yada. Now this guy has been showin off all day, and the kid try's to emulate dad's shenanigan's. Now do you think Dad would have the good sense to realize, he's the one who taught the kid to try and be an a hole just like him. Not to mention the fact he put's his kid on a bike that is much to big for him.

I don't know, maybe Dad is a great rider. But I really don't understand the mentality, of people that have to show off. This year, wrist rocket. I'm tired of trying to make lunch (BBQ) and having people come blasting right next to our pit-dusting the crap out of everything.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I live in Southeast LA. There are maybe 5 MX tracks around here that charge between $10 - $20 per trip and i know onw for sure has a year member ship for $100.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by vorra65@Dec 29 2003, 09:33 AM
Check out the link below, a whole list of CA MX tracks. Make sure and call em up, to see if they have a designated quad track.
What is that link?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts