YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im fixing to start MXing I think. I know Im getting either 18" Turf Tamers or Holeshot MXRs for the Rear. I've heard the MXRs wear down quick.

And I know im getting the Holeshot MXs for the front. The thing is, should I get 20" or 19" for the front? I was thinking 20, but if you look at the stock tires, they are 21" in the front unlike all the other bikes(raptor, ex, and Z) which all have 22" in the front.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The MXR's are the fastest wearing tires I have ever seen. You might want to look into the Kenda Klaws or the Razr's because they will last a lot longer. I run 19" fronts just because with the smaller tire it is easier to change directions faster. That is really the only reason I run a small front tire.
isaac

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i would recommend the klaw fronts :) they clean out 10 times better than than any of the razr mx, holeshot mx, and all those w/ that pattern........ and the klaws handle better in the hard packed stuff i think......... and klaws are good in the rear too......... they just round off too much........ like the 18's are like 20's after u put about 10 pounds of air in em... well thats my thoughts :) Trey

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
RUN PAZR MX'S! THE BEST TIRE IN 20/18 combo. ran them on my 300ex andi am going to run them again when i get a new yfz. need to buy font hipers and tires before then so i can throw them on right away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts