YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice on good front and rear tires for MX racing. Here's what I'm mainly concerned with:

lightest weight possible
firm sidewalls, particularly on the front
best traction on typical race track soil

Are 18" rears recommended for MXing, or are 20" rears tolerable (given the fact 20" are more practical when not on the racetrack).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
kenda klaw 18" no doubt......... u can put like 10 psin them and it turns them into like 20" tires :lol but w/ 5-6 psi theyre 18's....... and u can use them both for MX and backyard bashin........ but theyre a great tire....... i love how they hook and slide

·
Registered
122 Posts
:stupid hey justin my dad said hell take me up to ride sometime but im gonna sleep in your shed so i can go riding more than one day :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53@Oct 17 2003, 10:27 PM
kenda klaw 18" no doubt......... u can put like 10 psin them and it turns them into like 20" tires :lol but w/ 5-6 psi theyre 18's....... and u can use them both for MX and backyard bashin........ but theyre a great tire....... i love how they hook and slide
Im with you on that one....great tire combo for MX :rock

:yfz

·
Registered
42 Posts
My vote is for kenda klaws as well. I've been beating on mine all year and they've hardly worn down. Plus they hookup great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts