YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running MXR6 rears and Quadcross fronts? What you think? I would like to see a pic if anyone is using this combo.

I ride the dunes a lot, but I don't have front sand tires so I use my front dirt tires in the sand. I wonder how well the Quadcross fronts would steer in the sand....?....?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
there tread isnt really i "mohawk" type tread so i would think they would be very good

stay wit your GNCC's or get razr 2's

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the GNCC tires for sale.......as the title says, I am going with MX tires. So I will have 18 rears and 20 fronts.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (ohsobad_chevy @ Feb 9 2009, 05:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744260
I have the GNCC tires for sale.......as the title says, I am going with MX tires. So I will have 18 rears and 20 fronts.[/b]
ah

the holeshot MXR6 fronts would probly be pree good

like i said, look for a "mohawk" type tread if you wanna keep it for mx and sand

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
yea i see

i would go for the MXR6 front

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've had klaws, mxr4, mxr6, sxs, quadcross, razr, and maybe more on my bike. Quadcross fronts suck. Klaws handled the best. But this wasnt on sand either.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
A few of my friends are running Quadcross fronts with MXR6 rears, and they love them. My buddy that is sponsored by ITP said he's tried every combination he can think of and he likes the Quadcross fronts with MXR6 rears the best. That is for MX, we don't have any sand around here worth a damn except for a couple of sandy tracks. :mhihi:

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
A few of my friends are running Quadcross fronts with MXR6 rears, and they love them. My buddy that is sponsored by ITP said he's tried every combination he can think of and he likes the Quadcross fronts with MXR6 rears the best. That is for MX, we don't have any sand around here worth a damn except for a couple of sandy tracks.[/b]

hey grant do you like your holeshot fronts? or would you reccomend somthing else?

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
I've been told by many guys that have expirience in MX racing inparticular that the Maxxis RAZR Cross fronts are a real good front tire. Once my MXR6's wear out, these will be my next choice.

I used to run Klaws front and rears and when I'd got to the dunes I'd use the front Klaws as my dune tire and they performed great for a dirt tire. They didn't turn on a dime, but they wre good enough to where you didn't have to spend money on front sand tires that are gonna sit in your garage for most of the year.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (gtilley45 @ Feb 10 2009, 06:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744883
Yeah, I have always liked the Holeshot fronts.[/b]
awesome

do they help pushing in the corners?

my quad pushes i lil in the corners so i want to mostly correct that, or all of it

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 10 2009, 08:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744909
awesome

do they help pushing in the corners?

my quad pushes i lil in the corners so i want to mostly correct that, or all of it[/b]
Pushing in the corners isn't ONLY because of the front tires you use. So because of that, there isn't a tire that will cure it 100%. If your quad is pushing, you've got problems other than what tires you're running.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (gtilley45 @ Feb 10 2009, 09:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745001
Pushing in the corners isn't ONLY because of the front tires you use. So because of that, there isn't a tire that will cure it 100%. If your quad is pushing, you've got problems other than what tires you're running.[/b]
it used to push really bad but then i tweaked my suspension and its WAY better then stock, it doesnt push a whole lot but enough to bug ya lol you know what i mean?

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Well judging from the pic in your signature, I take it you're running stock suspension? There's only so much that can be done (as far as handling goes) with stock suspension. The stock a arms have no camber and caster adjustment, and the stock shocks have such a generalized valving and spring rate..........it's hard to dial the stock stuff in past a certain point.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
yea i am runnin stockers

and i get whatcha mean

but back to the point lol would they help?
im thinkin there better then the raptor tires

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
ANY tire that is designed for MX will be better than the stockers. Holeshot MXR's, Quadcrosses, Holeshot SX's, Kendas, Razr, Razr cross...........ANY MX tire.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
okayy, thats what i was askin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts