YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
They don't do much for a yfz or any sport quad. Sport quads just don't have the ground clearance or 4wd. You'll be hung up on the 4x4 ruts long before the benefits of a mud tire kicks in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that sucks... Haha. I'm not trying to go mudding, I just need an extra inch or so of clearance for the trails I ride. Plus I figured the tread would help when crossing creeks. Thanks for the reply by the way

·
Registered
81 Posts
You'll see a lot more traction imo. And usually the dedicated mud tires run a little taller than your xc type tire. They should do what your looking for them to do. They just may not slide as easily around corners.
Let us know what you think when you get them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was thinking. Although I think she has enough torque to compensate for stickiness in a slide thankfully so I'm hoping they work out. I'll definitely make another post or add to this one when I get them. I still have to order fronts so the first review might take a little while and may be slightly biased especially considering I've only rode it with bald tires since I got my 08

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
With what you have described with what you are riding you would be better off with a set of razr 2's in a 22'' tire like a lot of gncc riders run for the ground clearance..

·
Registered
81 Posts
The GBC xrex fronts are very comparable and half the price to the razr 2's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll check them out for sure. I'm debating on Sti black diamond or itp mud lites for the fronts at the moment. Obviously the tread won't help without 4x4 but the lugs are deeper so I get a tiny bit more height out of them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.