YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sent my bottom end out to miller's after the wrist pin pulled out of the piston.

He's going over it and installing a 3 mil HR stoker crank.

I also ordered a 98mm 12.5:1 cp piston with cylinder.

Other then that I have the big 3 mods.

What kind of power am I looking at? It ripped pretty good before I put a 15t sprocket on it.

Also minimum fuel Oct IL need?

·
Registered
556 Posts
i ride desert and noticed a loss in power with 15t with mods listed on my R . went to glamis with the 15t and thought i needed more top end due to how my bike can actually hook up now!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
This would be a prime example of what you should be asking the builder-- even prior to your build. You should ask him what horsepower level to expect from a 3mm stroker crank and a 3mm big bore. These are questions to ask BEFORE your build starts. With a 12.5:1 piston, you should be okay with premium pump gas, but at least run that. My father taught me an important lesson once-- it´s called the lesson of the six Ps... Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance. Remember the six Ps...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This would be a prime example of what you should be asking the builder-- even prior to your build. You should ask him what horsepower level to expect from a 3mm stroker crank and a 3mm big bore. These are questions to ask BEFORE your build starts. With a 12.5:1 piston, you should be okay with premium pump gas, but at least run that. My father taught me an important lesson once-- it´s called the lesson of the six Ps... Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance. Remember the six Ps...

Your right. And thank you for the info

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Just sent my bottom end out to miller's after the wrist pin pulled out of the piston.

He's going over it and installing a 3 mil HR stoker crank.

I also ordered a 98mm 12.5:1 cp piston with cylinder.

Other then that I have the big 3 mods.

What kind of power am I looking at? It ripped pretty good before I put a 15t sprocket on it.

Also minimum fuel Oct IL need?
If I were you I would steer clear of the HR stroker crank,plenty of info on why on this site,if you stick with it,make sure you have it trued,balanced and welded from crank works or it will shake itself to death,if it doesnt let go before that.hate to be negative about it,but have seen MANY high dollar motors grenade from the HR Stroker cranks,there wrist pins can not stand up and like to cut loose and say hi to your entire motor,if your just doing a very mild upgrade stuck with OEM or WR crank and be done with it,my .02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.