YFZ Central banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my twist throttle today, just wanted to give motion pro a plug cause the kit was very easy to install and seems to be excellent quality. now I cant wait to test it out. :lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Which motion pro twist did you get? CR Pro or Vortex? Let me know how you like it as mine is on the way.
slinger

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I had the Motion Pro CR PRO on my YFZ and thought the quality of the twist and cable were first rate.

I just installed a custom make Motion Pro tonight .. a turbo with a one off YFZ cable.

The CR Pro is roughly a 70 degree twist... the Vortex is a 45 degree and the Turbo(custom) is a 55 degree.

I found it took a good 6 hours of ride time before it felt right.. after just the first hour I wanted to remove it.. If you feel this way , just ride it a good 6 hours...then make your decision..

·
Registered
210 Posts
i should have mine tomorrow but i dont have 6 hours to get used to it before i race. it will be deal with it while racing thing! lol!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I have the Motion Pro Vortex on mine and I love it, I still have the stock bars and I used Renthal full diamond SOFT grips.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Barely Legal@Oct 24 2003, 12:03 AM
Did you guys need to do anything with the TPS wires running to the stock throttle?
That's not the TPS its the TORS wires and yes just cut them and splice them together, tape them up, hide them and forget about them :lol

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I cut the TORS wires 2" beyond the point they exit the connector and travel to the thumber (near the steering stem). Splice them together and your good to go.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
If you review the wiring schematic of the last page of the shop manual you may be able to determine if there will be any negative affects by following the TORS wire cutting mod. I did not feel there would be after review.

·
Registered
141 Posts
cheapest place is atvaddiction.com its not listed on there website yet but call them they have both the CR Comp and the Vortex in stock now, good luck

·
Registered
210 Posts
got mine from motion pro. i got the cr. it works great out in the dezert! took me a few miles to get used to it but after the race my hands wherent sore like they usually are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks a ton, going to call now!!! :O
Had just rebuilt my Banshee and added a motion pro twist to it, barely got used to it and some Coward stole it out of the back of my truck. But i got a 450 out of the deal, DOH!! thanks again :yfz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts