1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some more pics of the Thunder Alley last night:

Silencer:

Silencer w/ tape measure (upside down)

From an angle off the machine: (look close and you can at least see a wheel from each one of our (5) dirt/sand toys - streetbike on the other side)(you can also see I've cut my front fenders again)

What the rider sees:

Low angle from the front:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanx Erik those are great! They reinforce that I made the right decision with the changes I had bob make to mine. Mine will have a stepped header and a 10" silencer. I also decided to not get the ceramic coating because I was less than pleased with it on my Sparks system and i can see yours is doing the same thing mine did.
Isaac

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by edgerat@Dec 12 2003, 11:15 AM
I also decided to not get the  ceramic coating because I was less than pleased with it on my Sparks system and i can see yours is doing the same thing mine did.
I prefer bare mild steel too. I won't do ceramic again.

·
Registered
625 Posts
ceramic is the biggest farce in ORV applications. They may work in drag racing and car racing but the kind of heat we are generating on these things just melts it down.

What did you notice when you went to the TA pipe?? I know you said you gained alot of bottom and mid but did you notice any loss on top from the Sparks pipe?? I figure with all the stuff Bob is doing I shouldnt have a problem with top-end. I ride the YFZ like a R anyways so if I lose some bottom I dont really care.
isaac

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by edgerat@Dec 12 2003, 11:41 AM
What did you notice when you went to the TA pipe??  I know you said you gained alot of bottom and mid but did you notice any loss on top from the Sparks pipe??  I figure with all the stuff Bob is doing I shouldnt have a problem with top-end.  I ride the YFZ like a R anyways so if I lose some bottom I dont really care.
I never rode the sparks w/ my 467. I put the TA on with the rebuild. Believe it or not, I've only riden the quad twice since breaking it; halloween @ Glamis (on methanol) and T-day weekend up here (on gas). Both rides had me on a machine w/ less that perfect jetting. Glamis had me running booze just well enough to get on the hill. T-day had me back on gas, but for the first time in the cold & the larger bore.

Needless to say, I've got some figuring out to do still, but the season's pretty much over as far as I'm concerened - I'm not much for the cold.

You won't loose any top-end that's for sure, but the bottom/mid (at least w/ my header) coupled w/ the +3mm bore are freaky.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Erik,
Mate get some nerfs, don't want to see your legs ripped up.

Geoff.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Aussiequadrider@Dec 12 2003, 01:35 PM
Erik,
Mate get some nerfs, don't want to see your legs ripped up.
What exactly are nerfs for?

·
Registered
983 Posts
nerfs will prevent two things. 1. having a fellow racer stick his wheel in between yours two wheel with the obvious Consequences and 2. when your foot slips of the pegs you wont run it over with your rear wheel.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by seatec@Dec 12 2003, 01:45 PM
nerfs will prevent two things. 1. having a fellow racer stick his wheel in between yours two wheel with the obvious Consequences and 2. when your foot slips of the pegs you wont run it over with your rear wheel.
I figured the wheel thing was part of the reason, but I don't race (other than straight up hills). I have "touched" the rear wheel before! Hmmm...

·
Registered
983 Posts
i think its a good investment. even with boots its easy to brake your leg. it can be a bit cumbersome in the woods when you get stuck. you cant just plop your feet on the ground and muscle the quad around. you have to get off. only downfall

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I think I have also decided to go with the TA pipe.

I think the GYTR heel guards would be good but not nerfs for duners.

Just not cool :D , especially on a bike like selectors that has already been on a heavy diet.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Mustache Ride@Dec 14 2003, 06:26 PM
man that header looks like its gonna fry your leg dude. am i right in assuming this?
Not even close.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts