YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got an 05 that I want more low end on. I don’t want to screw with the gearing because it’s perfect. It’s got a slip on and an open air box. Any suggestions on what to do? I figured a full exhaust, high compression piston, and a cam. But which ones? Which cam is going to give me the low end I want, and which brand and compression piston?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Have you already done the cam mod? That will definitely give you more low end. As for cams, it depends on how far you want to go with the motor to get the cams that will work best with that setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you already done the cam mod? That will definitely give you more low end. As for cams, it depends on how far you want to go with the motor to get the cams that will work best with that setup.
I haven’t done the cam mod. I didn’t feel like re jetting it just for that. I was thinking a 12.5:1 piston, cams, and a full exhaust, nothing more. I’m not sure if the cams will do anything by themselves

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I mean, it's a free mod and gives you quite a bit of low end. i would try that before doing any other work to see how you like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts