YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hands down a Pipe and Silencer is the first mod you should do. Then add a Pro Flow air filter kit and the YZ cam mod. Now you have a national level engine. :rock :yfz

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Sanman@Nov 22 2003, 09:24 PM
Now you have a national level engine.
I don't know about quads, but in karting a national level motor can have a whole lot more done to it that external breathing devices...

porting
ignition
carburation
etc.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I say the first mod should be tires, because the stockers really don't belong on it. After that definatley at least remove the sparky and rejet.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
the first mods are always the free ones... remove the spark arrestor from the pipe, you gain 5-10%, then remove the air box and gain another 5-10% last do the cam mod and you will gain another 30-40% (mostly bottom to midrange, it will have stronger pull). from then on you will have to spend money, then you have to decide whether you want to look good or go fast.

·
Registered
96 Posts
gnc 118, what have you been smokin' . 5-10% power increase is 2-4hp. 30-40% power increase means 12-16hp. it's unlikely you can get those kinds of increases with the mods you are talking about. but i guess you can dream.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You will see about a 5-7HP gain by doing all the free mods and jetting.

That is a pretty good start it will feel like a totatly new bike after those are done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts