YFZ Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
dippy doodle
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

The red line was with the 121 head and a 44mm carb, the blue line is same specs but 020 head with a 42 carb.
Dynoed at OCP in Winchester Bay

MODS:
MMAD 121 head
Lightspeed intake
warpspeed exhaust
+3 hr crank balanced, welded and trued
98mm Athena with 14.1 MMAD piston
Dasa
FCI
44 carb
110 vp

·
dippy doodle
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you mean nothing? The peak isn't anymore but its 3-4hp more over most the curve. I could tell a nice difference between the two. I was happy with it for what I paid. The upgrade was free except for the carb bore and I already had a 42.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
i have a very similar build i can't wait to see what i get. I'm running a 12.5 cp piston but i do have the14.1 mmad piston sitting in a box in my garage. I'm looking for lightspeeds but i think i should dyno my 963s before i swap them. my fci is cut/stretched with a mmad +1 ss head.

·
Premium Member
4,532 Posts
I'd be pissed if I went from a 020 to a 121 and bigger carb and got nothing. Did you get more porting done or just the bigger valves?
shortly after this dyno his "balanced, trued and welded" hotrods stroker crank decided that it no longer wanted to be inside the motor so i would bet money that it was on its way out and thats why it didn't show more of a gain on the dyno. But thats just my opinion :blah

·
Registered
298 Posts
What do you mean nothing? The peak isn't anymore but its 3-4hp more over most the curve. I could tell a nice difference between the two. I was happy with it for what I paid. The upgrade was free except for the carb bore and I already had a 42.
Can't take a joke anymore, it was either that or something about posting an old build is like saying you dated a hot chick before she was hot. Besides I only chase numbers, I don't ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts