YFZ Central banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The front kenda kutter tires look sorta like an old tractor tire pattern. Maybe in person they look better. Rears look good. I bet some white silicone coolant hoses would add 2 more horses on the cool factor. Too much orange.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The front kenda kutter tires look sorta like an old tractor tire pattern. Maybe in person they look better. Rears look good. I bet some white silicone coolant hoses would add 2 more horses on the cool factor. Too much orange.

You can look at them all you want to judge the pattern or you can just try them. I've ran them most of my XC season and they have been kicking ass. They also barely show any signs of wear yet.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
That seat cover is 100 percent In place done. MY OCD approves it.

·
Super Moderator
3,967 Posts
Shee I was able to mount part of my seat cover just as good or better than the above pictures. I only stopped after realising how much I wasn't happy with the cover and the crooked seams. No amount of stretching is going to take that messed up seam out of your seat below. Mine was worse and mine had tons of bunching as well as the stitching on my gray and blue cross bars on the top of my seat were really wavy and looked horrible which can't be corrected by mounting technique. In defense of FourWerx they use really nice and durable materials and I believe I got an oddball cover so if you are considering one hopefully you'll luck out!

In addition, I wouldn't recommend getting the rubber Fourwerx logos down the sides of your seat cover like I had on mine I would go with only one on the back like Shee's seat. I highly recommend that you see a cover in person before you buy one. The blue material on Shee's and my seat is very thick and if you aren't expecting that you might be unhappy with its appearance. If you look at Shee's red and black cover above that looks like a good one. Notice how the seam in the back is symmetrical versus his black and blue seat below.

After seeing both seat covers with my build I feel the OEM cover was the better decision from a artistic and fit and finish point of view. Something to think about before you buy a new seat cover if you have a really busy sticker set I think your bike will look better with a busy seat cover if you have less going on with your scheme a busy seat cover will overpower your scheme and make it look out of place. My FourWerx seat was way to busy for my scheme and it looked really out of place so think hard about it before you order.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
If/when I get a seat cover I think I’m going to go with quadtech I had 2 of their covers in the past and was very happy with them. I like the hump seat idea just not sure how it would be on the trails.
It's the best. I didnt think I would like it. Now i won't be without it. So much so that's why i made the red one a hump seat too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I’m thinking I want to find a used seat pan so I still have my stock seat Incase I don’t like it and just send it to quad tech they get $25 to install it probably well worth it.

·
Super Moderator
3,967 Posts
I have a used complete seat...LOL...Black.....The pan has staple holes from me pulling the oem cover off then mounting the aftermarket cover then removing it and putting the oem cover back on...LOL...It looks good just some extra staple holes. The OEM cover doesn't have any tears and all the rubber bumpers are still on the pan.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have tried to re-fit my seat cover several times over the last month, my last attempt I used a piece of foam. I don’t like how it looks but I have given up for now. I believe the seat cover itself is the problem, not me. I think I will eventually copy Kilroy and buy a blue seat. His looks great and I think it would go well with my orange build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

The look ugly, but the bite into the dirt on corner. Also going to be buying some white hoses now that you mentioned that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you end up wanting to get rid of the seat cover let me know. After I get my graphics installed it might go well on my quad :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Still working out my Vortex settings, loving my new exhaust but might switch out to a Yoshi. I wake my neighbors up every time I ride to the forest.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Talk to David Martinez-Cotton on FB. He owns Rossier and I am sure he has something to help you quiet it down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Talk to David Martinez-Cotton on FB. He owns Rossier and I am sure he has something to help you quiet it down.
I’ll reach out to him and see if he has anything he recommends!

Looks good. Do they make a quite core for your exhaust?
I love the look of it, and would hate to get rid of it just due to noise level. They don’t currently sell a quiet core.

Hey mike, what kinda beadlocks are those??
Goldspeed Silver Tec’s! They are working great so far!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts