YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm Mike. I live in Birmingham Alabama and own a 2021 yfz 450r. Only thing I have done to it is air filter. I'm getting ready to purchase nerf bars,and full system aftermarket exhaust. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and happy early new years.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mike,
Welcome and I love the blue.

I just snagged a 2021 in November. This forum is pretty quiet. Hopefully we can reinvigorate it.

Heads up that you will need to tune it if you go with an exhaust. These runs pretty lean from the factory so it will be very lean with a pipe.

Regards,
Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks tim,
Yes I seen they run lean from the factory, lone seems to be ok. I run 94 octane with yamalube additive. I am contemplating on hmf,fmf titanium, or Yoshimura for exhaust. Dasa and monster might be a option also. I like the blue alot but wanted a se model. I got this yzf when they first hit showroom floor end of March. There were only two in Alabama at dealerships.

·
Registered
2020 Yfz450r se
23 Posts
Happy holidays and welcome Mike! Nice quad! I have a HMF slip on I could sell you if interested?

Yes this forum seems to be dying out, your see hundreds of views but only a few of us actually commenting and trying to help others out

·
Registered
44 Posts
We have a 19 Mike we have a full Dasa exhaust MSD blaster fuel custom intake K and N filter and a Henson slipper clutch. Our head is going to dasa after the 1st of the year For porting and valve job we're also going with the 13.5:1 CP high compression piston Also getting the throttle body board out. Not sure if the 20 ones are still having a clutch basket issue like our 19 did I would get that basket out of there ASAP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems like they have many issues from the factory. Sucks you only get a 6 month warranty. I will probably bite the bullet and get a vortex eventually. Hope you have a great new years. How do you like the dasa exhaust.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Let me know if you're having that bogging problem that the Yamaha's are having I know how to cure that I just spoke with my son

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Happy holidays and welcome Mike! Nice quad! I have a HMF slip on I could sell you if interested?

Yes this forum seems to be dying out, your see hundreds of views but only a few of us actually commenting and trying to help others out
Let me know if you're having that bogging problem that the Yamaha's are having I know how to cure that I just spoke with my son
What's the cure? Happy new years

·
Registered
44 Posts
Happy New Year it's in the throttle positioning senor You need to adjust the voltage Going to u should be seeing .679 to .681 I remember when the kid did it and took it right away And I also remember I think he had a hard time sticking the probes in there on the voltage meter I think he actually used like a real thin paper clip or like a Spring from an ink pen and then he hit the probes on them That's when it was new and stock I don't know if he had to do it again once We started putting mods on for some reason I think he Check it again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Happy New Year it's in the throttle positioning senor You need to adjust the voltage Going to u should be seeing .679 to .681 I remember when the kid did it and took it right away And I also remember I think he had a hard time sticking the probes in there on the voltage meter I think he actually used like a real thin paper clip or like a Spring from an ink pen and then he hit the probes on them That's when it was new and stock I don't know if he had to do it again once We started putting mods on for some reason I think he Check it again
I will have to try that. Thanks a lot for the advice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts