YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to dial in my methanol jets for about 3 weeks now, and I've hit the wall. I've read previous posts (which I found on search - Pahrump) where it was suggested that you run 180% over gas jets, and tried many different combos on my own. Pilots I've tried range from 55/65/70/75/70/85/90/100, with main jetting from 280/290/300/320/330/345/350, with screw mixture setting a 1 turn/2/and 2.5 turns for each jetting change. I have ripped down my street at least 60-70 times testing each change (thank god I have great neighbors), and am OK with the jetting as it currently stands (100/345), but I'm still having issues which I've run out of ideas for.

Problem #1 - still a huge amount of poping after WOT and getting off the alky. Thought it was a lean situation where the poping was caused by not getting enough alky, but with a 100 pilot I find that hard to believe.

Problem #2 - The bike revs quickly, but the revs float down slowly instead of coming down quickly. No clue.

Both of these issues may simply be a side effect of running alky and not something I can fix, I don't know as I've never run alky before. I'm out of ideas and frustration is high.

As a side note, when I put the bike back together, the neutral light no longer come on when in neutral, so now I cannot start the bike unless the clutch is in. I'm sure it has something to do with the TORS, but I didn't do anything with the wiring to cause the change, so it's yet one more kick in the balls in a very frustrating week.

Does anyone know of an established shop/person I could contact who knows their sh*t when it comes to methanol? I think I've gone as far as I'm going to go without a little more direction.

Any thought or suggestions at this point would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
570 Posts
Use the search.........................Hahahaha Just kidding.

Actually I'm glad you posted this because I've never seen it addressed on here. I was considering going alky but normal jetting was a pain in the butt enough!! Sounds like alky is a bigger pain. Sorry I don't have an answer for ya but you helped me out if that’s any conciliation. :lol

Good luck with your jetting.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't know much about running Methanol but I had a similar problem when I first got mine. The revs would come down very slowly and the problem was the idle. I adjusted the idle down and everything is fine now. I did have to mess with the fuel screw to get it to idle high enough with the idle turned down.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Here Nils I posted this at the other site beofre I saw this here.

Nils you say the needle jet is drilled out to a 1/8 and you are running a 345 main well you problem may be right there.

A 1/8 bit is only a 318 jet a 9/64 is a 357 jet.

So like I said before I think that you are lean in the mid cause that is what mine was doing.

Check it out and let me know, call me if you want I think you got my number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts