YFZ Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2014 not too long ago and as we all know it runs like crap from the factory. I ordered my PCV with Ignition within a week of owning the quad and the AIS block off plate..."later changed or will be with the 2013 bracket"...and also the Yosh RS-2. I was going to have a bung welded in and use the auto tune on the unit since Indiana weather changes pretty drastically over the year. Watching the exposure of the Vortex...I may decide to not buy the auto tune unit and just sell the power commander V ...and go that route. Those video's sure look promising to remove the bog. The only consideration is the bog is mostly down low so not sure if it's worth the $700 for it on top of the money I would loose selling the Power commander V too.

Dam...sell it and not buy the auto tune and go Vortex....for a 3 mod bike ...and NO I won't be doing anything outside of the big 3. I even considered passing on the FCI since the biggest jump is likely just removing the airbox lid more then anything. Trying to justify the $ for maybe 1 hp....or less..

M

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already ordered it from Racing Power sports not long after that post. I was talking with Duncan racing and was told he had to Answer another phone and then got disconnected. Tried to call him back and had no luck so not sure what that was about ? Oh well...got it ordered through them and will remove the power commander tomorrow..."used it less then 10 hours" ...hoping then I can sell it for something heh. The one I bought was the one with Ignition control too so maybe I can ebay it.

So now to finally do my first valve adjustment...."or checks"....install the Yosh RS-2 remove the GYTR block off plates and install the 2013 bracket, remove the airbox lid and do the second oil change on her.

The last consideration is the FCI on my 2014....still chewing on the bit for another $300 to toss into this thing.

Thanks guys!

M

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might as well order up a new intake cam while you're at it. It's only another $150 and you'll be pulling your OEM cam out anyway. Just a thought...
Na...going to leave the internals alone at this point. I actually wanted to leave it 100% stock when I got it since we have like 4 450's all new in our group and we didn't want to start the pissing match of who's faster because of what mods. I only bought stuff to make it run right.... The cam "stocker" will be fine.... for now :lol

M

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Na...going to leave the internals alone at this point. I actually wanted to leave it 100% stock when I got it since we have like 4 450's all new in our group and we didn't want to start the pissing match of who's faster because of what mods. I only bought stuff to make it run right.... The cam "stocker" will be fine.... for now :lol

M
If you don't start "the pissing match" one of them will ;)

Reactions: MikePeavler

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you don't start "the pissing match" one of them will ;)
Well one guy does have a nasty 480 Athena kit on his 08 450...larger carb...intake, cams etc but there is only so much power we can put down to the place we ride. He's about equal to our speed for now at least :clap

·
Registered
535 Posts
Did you use the coupon code for the forum discount at racingpowersports? also I went with the FCI w/box and couldnt be happier. Bike responds to the big 3 very well IMO. Its no top end like my banshees had but I love it for trail riding. Now if I could just figure out how to adjust my suspension to my weight and riding style I will be set untili get my flexx bars and +2 stem.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you use the coupon code for the forum discount at racingpowersports? also I went with the FCI w/box and couldnt be happier. Bike responds to the big 3 very well IMO. Its no top end like my banshees had but I love it for trail riding. Now if I could just figure out how to adjust my suspension to my weight and riding style I will be set untili get my flexx bars and +2 stem.
Not yet on the FCI....I'm still debating on that part. I guess my biggest hold up is now spending a grand just to make it run right on fuel controllers alone.. I also question if the intake gains are more so from opening the lid up and allowing more air vs just the tubing. I wonder how much gains or difference from an open box to their set up. If you think about it...the tube is the biggest difference and so for $275 bucks is the 1hp or so really worth the gains. Plus I want the best filtering possible of which I read that they have higher ply filters which is good.

I plan on removing the lid of the airbox for sure....and running the RS-2 I also bought...but still not pulled that trigger on the FCI. I'm in denial I guess that I would see that much difference from air box lid off to their set up personally....

M

·
Registered
535 Posts
the tube is alot less restrictive which you will notice upon first inspection, and FCI filter is a 8 ply compared to 4 ply with a k&n filter. I run the pre filter over it and seems to work grweat in the mountains of PA and the coal hills with the black dust from it. I have heard of foam filters that will work with the FCI but havnt looked into which one works yet. Another thing is that any issue anyone has had their customer service is top notch from seeing them reply to many peoples concerns on this site alone and them just even he;lping thru the install process. Again i was only doing the Big 3 for now so I wanted to get the most out of it I could until I figure out if Im going to go with a cam and port next year.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yah I'm not even running the K&N...I'm running the stock foam set up which is likely even more filtering. I know from owning my past quads that the foam seemed better then the others when I lived in Florida.

I bought new

2007 Raptor 700
2006 Raptor 350 x2
2007 YZ450F
Old RM 250 in there too

all new one day and the friends I had all had a mix match of variations of filters and I was the one stuck doing all the maintaining of my own group...plus my buddies. The foam always seemed to clean better then the ply filters from what I could see. Funny all my "how to adjust your Raptor 700R valves" is still sticky posted from 7 years ago on the raptor forums lol. I may get the FCI....just to know it's getting every ounce of power it can from these mods. I've seen that the big gains from the carb cam comes "AFTER" you have the head ported it seems. I'm staying outside the engine for now...I need reliable engines and it's less then 2 months old now so hate to start changing things that much so new into this engine.

My Fleet back in 2007 heh

M

Attachments

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I don't run one but I see no reason to need 98. Compression and timing are all that can affect the need for more octane. Since the vortex is adjustable I don't see the requirements met there.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup .. Code used ... Saved me $$$ thanks !!

M

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.