YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im the first one to post here !!! :eek: Well as for maintenance heres a good list of things to do on your YFZ.:

1.Cange the oil
2.Clean your airfilter.
3.Lube your chain.

Hopefully this will be the only maintenance this thing needs a lot.!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Since this is going to be such a high-performance engine, it may require a little more TLC than our trusty Z-400s, Raptors, and 400EX's. Expect to replace the rings every 25-30 hours. (I think that's the number)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The maintenance should be similar to the kfx-lt-z400's, 400ex's, Preditors ect. Maybe things might have to be done more fequently.

Take care of it and it will take care of you 8) .

·
Registered
5 Posts
replace the rings that often........WHAT THE :eek: ?!!? that would be every 3 or 4 days for me, you sure your right on that?

Travis

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Naah, I don't think you have to do it that often. My cousin has the 426 Dirt bike (2002) and he rides it alot, and hasn't has to put a topend on it yet, or even get into the motor. He just makes sure its properly jetted, and does all the normal maintenance all the time, and his bike runs perfect. I think this will be more like the Z400, but a little more up keep.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm not sure. I heard something with it having a short skirt and replacing the rings. Whatever- we'll see soon enough. I don't know if what I said even made sense!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Since this is going to be such a high-performance engine, it may require a little more TLC than our trusty Z-400s, Raptors, and 400EX's. Expect to replace the rings every 25-30 hours. (I think that's the number)
No way ever 25-30 hours. That would be like every oil change! It is high performance but it will still hold up like any other quad out their. It is not a 2 stroke so it can't be that much maintance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts