YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have an LSR Axcalibar on the way. Quick question: Is it an easy swap or do I have to get the stock sprocket hub pressed off the old axle to use it? Anyone that has swapped it out and knows, I would appreciate an answer.....thanks, JIM

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
They should be done by the end of this week. I am still waiting for it and my arms. The stem came in today. Couple more weeks and it will be done. Come on LSR, just waiting on you. And yes it is simple.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by WP@Aug 18 2003, 06:17 PM
They should be done by the end of this week. I am still waiting for it and my arms. The stem came in today. Couple more weeks and it will be done. Come on LSR, just waiting on you. And yes it is simple.
so.....do you use the stock sprocket hub? If so, I thought I read it was pressed on the stock axle and will need to be pressed off. This wasn't the case on my Cannondale. Thanks, JIM

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can use the stock sprocket hub. I just swapped mine out this weekend. It is supposed to be pressed on, but it isn't a super tight fit. What you can do is a few light tunks with a hammer and it will slide off the stock one and onto the lone star very easy. A good thing to do also when you install it on the new axle is to also dab some green loc-tite in there to ensuer the hub stays tight.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Mine was fairly easy.

the sprocket hub was not pressed on. After you take the lock nut off (remember the 2 allen screws, loosen those), and the brake caliper off, the disc brake and hub slides right off. Form there I tapped the axle out a little bit towards the sprocket side so I could get some area to play with. I then took a rubber mallet, and tapped the sprocket hub back towards the carrier. You'll notice a little snap ring under the sprocket hub. You'll have to remove it. Then slide the axle back out the opposite way (back towards the brake side) and the sprocket hub will come right off. I did not have to unbolt my disc brake from it's hub, nor the sprocket from it's hub. Installation was a little tough, cause the LSR was such a tight fit. Lots of grease, and the rubber mallet you'll be in business.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What are you guys paying for your lsr axles? RPM said theres will be done in a few weeks, im on the waiting list for that, so much more expensive than an lsr, but after going threw 4 i cant take anymore..Anyone know where i can get the lsr stem? I saw one on ebay but now theres nothing..

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the great replies, everyone....I appreciate it.....JIM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts