YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are showing that particular model to be for 09-12 YFZR and X.

I have a 2007. The mounting points look very close but I can't be 100% sure from the pics. Anyone know if everything bolts up?

I hate the stock subframe. I keep bending them, bolts strip out, they crack..really want to go with something a bit heavier duty. I know JB makes a great looking 6 point but its like a 4-5 week wait. Would like something quicker than that, and adjustable as I like mine lower than stock height.

Just wondering if anyone has tried or knows if the mounting points are the same between the 07's and the newer 09-12....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The '04 thru current YFZ & YFZR subframes are identical. I swapped two '04 stock subframes on my 09 YFZR with no issues. Now, I have a 4-pt LSR on my YFZR and it's not a bad subframe by any measure. It does what is needed.

I would recommend holding out and getting a 6-pt. I think the mounting points of the 4-pt are much too close on the Yamahas. They are not able to transfer the stress/load effectively into the frame. The 6-pt subframe really helps by having the two lower mounts. It stinks to wait 4-5 weeks and the extra $150, but if I could do it all over again, I would have a 6-pt for sure. I think it is a strong unit by having those two lower arms. Racing MX, seat bouncing jumps, the occasional roll over, etc, I just feel a 6-pt is better.

It may be overkill, but that's my $0.02.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have the lsr 4pt subframe that's adjustable. I don't see it necessary for it to be adjustable cause I always have to tighten it and the threads on the hiem joints are starting to have play. for XC racing 6pt is a must. there is a difference in the 6pt between the carb and fi models

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.