YFZ Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we all are aware that the footpegs on the YFZ450 need lowering, does anyone know of any companies that have developed/developing kits to lower the pegs an inch or so???? thanks

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i know sumone makes them but forgot who.... sry...... but i know sumone does make em so no worries guys :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is what I did for a temp. solution. Remove the stock footpegs, using a small 4" hand held grinder, grind off the welds holding the footpegs to the mounting brackets. ( do not attempt to grind all the way down) Then take a haxsaw with the finest teeth available and cut through the rest of the weld.(tight against the bracket). When you have seperated, take to a welder and turn the footpeg upside down so the mounting holes are oppisite. Have them welded in this position and reinstall on quad. This will lower the pegs a good 2". However the pegs will be far back now. I am debating on re drilling the holes, but there is not a lot of space to work with. But with the pegs in stock position I could not even ride on the track, now I'm clearing doubles and ripping. I have to take my foot off the peg completely to shift, but its better than my knees over the tank. Iff you are interested I can take some pics and post on Friday evening after work. Any questions email me at [email protected] Good luck and race safe! :rock

·
Registered
983 Posts
i take it you dont have nerfbars then?! i dont know if Nerfbars are flible enough to bridge a gap that wide. You'd have to fabricate a spacers or something but that might make the peg to broad/wide

·
Registered
117 Posts
You are correct in assuming I don't have nerf bars yet. I am still not racing du to injury and just did this to be able to ride it more comfortably. I plan on putting pro pegs on as soon as a product is out that I am happy with. By doing this to your stock pegs I would either have to buy a new set of stock pegs or wait until pro pegs come out. Alba did a real nice job on Korry Ellis YFZ AC propegs, but they look like Z400 propegs with a lot of custom work to them. You can take a look at Terry racing to see for yourself. I have emailed them in regard to this and have not had a responce yet. I have also contacted Arens to see if they are coming out with something. Would'nt adjustable propegs be sweet? :rock

·
Registered
117 Posts
Okay I looked today at the X factor propegs, a little pricey at 270. but they are dropped down and appear to be clean neat and proper. I placed my order today and the fact that it will take a week for the guy to get them , he through in 3 day select shipping for free to me wich isn't bad considering they are coming from Cal. to NY. I am finding that lots of parts for the YFZ are on backorder. But until then I have my stock pegs in the lowered position to get me by. :rock

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know of any other nerfs than X-Factor with built in pegs, lower the footpegs? AC etc??? who sells the X-factors the cheapest also,thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so im going to go with the X-factor pro pegs.......next question- Who sells them the cheapest??? thanks guys

·
Registered
773 Posts
Since we all are aware that the footpegs on the YFZ450 need lowering
Hmmmm... I wasn't aware. I'm still not aware.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes they do need lowering if you are 5'10 or over.... went with the X-factor Pro Pegs....will be here next week with blue nets........they lower the stock pegs about 3/4 inch for anyone interested they cost $260

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im 6'2" AND feel fine.. ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes they do need lowering if you are 5'10 or over.... went with the X-factor Pro Pegs....will be here next week with blue nets........they lower the stock pegs about 3/4 inch for anyone interested they cost $260[/b]
what did you guys do about the shifter with the lower pegs. It makes the shifter high but if I roll the shifter just one notch then it hits the frame on the downshift.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Holy old post batman!!!! :shocker: It's over 4 years old.

But to answer your question, you can bend the shift lever just a tad so that it clears the frame.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I know that all of these pro pegs lower the mounts

REM
Blingstar
Pro Armor (newest model pro peg)
Rath (one inch down and one inch back i believe)
and probably many others

i currently run the REM and like them a lot, great quality

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know that all of these pro pegs lower the mounts

REM
Blingstar
Pro Armor (newest model pro peg)
Rath (one inch down and one inch back i believe)
and probably many others

i currently run the REM and like them a lot, great quality[/b]
So did you also bend your stock shifter to not hit the frame on the downshift?

Seems like with all the Pro Pegs someone would make a shifter designed to work with the lowered pegs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts