YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed Factory 43 nerf bars and heel guards. Being that the pegs are lower than stock I'm wondering if anybody else has run into this same issue I'm having and solved it. I knew this would be an issue with the lower pegs but I couldn't resist the Factory 43 look. I've adjusted my shifter down but my question is, can I also lower my foot brake so I don't have to tilt my toe up in order to reach the pedal?

Here's a pic for reference...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
238 Posts
Back off the nut you see. Then up from there where the shaft goes into the master cylinder there's spot for a wrench turn that and it will go up and down tighten the bottom nut after it's where you want it to lock in place. I have factory 43 nerfs and I fine I max the adjustment out you can take it off and cut the threads for more adjustment of needed. One you get into it you'll see what I mean

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back off the nut you see. Then up from there where the shaft goes into the master cylinder there's spot for a wrench turn that and it will go up and down tighten the bottom nut after it's where you want it to lock in place. I have factory 43 nerfs and I fine I max the adjustment out you can take it off and cut the threads for more adjustment of needed. One you get into it you'll see what I mean
That’s awesome dude, thanks for the detailed info!! I’m glad to hear it’s something simple to get it adjusted. You said you have yours maxed out, does that work well enough for you or do you plan to cut it down so the pedals even further down?

·
Registered
238 Posts
That’s awesome dude, thanks for the detailed info!! I’m glad to hear it’s something simple to get it adjusted. You said you have yours maxed out, does that work well enough for you or do you plan to cut it down so the pedals even further down?
Mines maxed out. the tread is touching the brake pedal and its flush with pegs. If you want it lower you'll have to cut.

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I've been thinking about getting the Walsh or 38 Motorsports pedal. I didn't know Fourwerx made one though, I'll have to check that out. You're running the Walsh pedal by the looks of it, right? Thanks for the info, I've seen that Fasst clevis before but couldn't remember who made it, that's probably the route I'll go. I appreciate the help guys!

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ATVMan, did you buy the return spring separate or does it come with the clevis? I'm getting ready to order that setup now but want to make sure I get everything I need. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts