YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the DSP Power Now Valve for the low-end hesitation. I was thinking about it. I don't know how many times I've come the the face of a jump and the Hesitation about made me go over the bars on the landing. :O " I know, I probably just need to ride it harder"

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
work with your rfuel mixture screw... that will eliminate the hesitation if your jetting is done properly...

but the power now will help too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I think I have the jetting down, but like everyone is saying off idle nailing the gas it dies with the FCR. I was just wondering if the power now valve would solve the problem with out robbing power some where else.

Thanks for the input,

Bryan

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
my yz400 does not hesitate when you nail it... it didnt before i put on the power now...

but if the jetting is just a little bit off.... especially the fuel screw it will hesitate....im sure the power now will help though

we have them on the way. 90 shipped for you guys.

·
Registered
102 Posts
one of the biggest causes of the low end hesitation is the accelerator pum.

The service manual that you can download, tells how to adjust it.

You still need to be jetted properly, and the fuel screw adjusted, but in bad cases it will be the accel pump.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I put the powernow on my 250F, and it definately made a differemce down low. It probably wont do anything to make your "bog" better, if you have it. As stated, try the fuel screw and if that doesnt help, Accelerator pump fine tuning, (leak jets, squirt duration)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I have the power now valve in my YFZ, and it has made a difference. The improvement is subtle, and only in the low revs. Throttle response has improved (and it was good to start with), low end power is more linear and come on a little sooner. Some people don't agree that the improvement is worth the $100 the valves cost, and I respect that. For me, whose major pet peeve is when the motor cuts out at the most inappropriate times, the $100 was well spent putting an end to that problem - never dies now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I went from 1 1/4 to 2 1/4 on the fuel mixture screw and it seemed to help a little. It ran best at 2 1/4. I have a 45 polit jet in now should I go bigger? :what Is the Hesitation a lean or rich problem. :what I've been thinking it was a rich problem, because when I read my plug it looks rich. I did move the clip down to the 4th position and I could feel the difference it pulled alot harder. However the plug of course was a little bit blacker. I think I might play with the accelerator pump tommorrow1.

Thanks for all the help,

Bryan

YFZCentral is Awesome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts