YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....I lost that lil (insert swear here) and I was just wondering if I can use some around the house items instead of getting a new one....like wrapping copper wire around it?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Originally posted by YFZinJay@Dec 15 2003, 01:59 PM
Well....I lost that lil (insert swear here) and I was just wondering if I can use some around the house items instead of getting a new one....like wrapping copper wire around it?
Please Tell me your Joking! :nono :uhoh :nono :uhoh :sucks

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok came home from school....removed my air box took my carb off everythings going smooth...opened up the top of my carb...ok we got a philips head screw and a hex head screw...not sure which one to remove...went online asked around...no one on could tell me.....ok went and took my chances on the hex on.....yippie theres the needle...ok cant get it out...needle nose pliers are too big and bulky....not gonna work...wait and hour for my mom to come she gives me tweezer whooo hoo needle is out.....ok can't get the clip off...I wait until my dad gets home he gives me a spreader tool worked great got the clip off....lost the clip moving it and cant find I give up and after awhile attempt again, yes thank god found it....repostion it and put it on the 5th position down....works great put it back in and o crap cant get the hex head screw to go in...and thats where I am at now....

I am the ultimate moron....

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Originally posted by YFZinJay@Dec 15 2003, 02:34 PM
I am the ultimate moron....
Dude!! Don't be so hard on yourself... :nono We/I have done "Dumb & Dumber" things at one time or another...and still DO! :lol We're only Human, unless you Walk on water. Call up your local shop, they might have one in stock...

You could be Mikey! O.O.C.

·
Registered
634 Posts
You should hear how WE learned! you would laugh.

sorry for not being there, when you asked.

But now you are a real mechanic!. How do you feel?

You know you can do it again easily.

just make sure not to pull on the throttle cable too much or dangle it from the cable.

It throws the tors unit off, otherwise you should do great.

to remove the nedle, when it has the clip on, plase it against a formicatable with the split side of the clip down.
cover with cloth
push down on needle till you hear it pop off.
remove cloth, there it its!

you should run much better now

youu can see how to do the clip on this site.

http://www.eskimo.com/~daddog/jetting/jetneedle.htm

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its done it runs great....only took about 2 hours with breaks inbetween....It was only about 15 minutes of wrenching though.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Originally posted by daddogrider@Dec 15 2003, 03:52 PM

It throws the tors unit off, otherwise you should do great.

What exactly is the "tors unit"?

I've heard it mentioned in a few posts, but when I did a search, I got every post that contained "Raptors" and many other similar words...heh.

Throttle position sensor? Just a guess...

Also, thanks for putting those cam mod videos on the web, they helped me a ton!

p.s. Sorry for the thread hijack. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
I lost my e-clip when I was putting it back on at the kitchen table,
it fell directly below me and I spent half an hour on my knees searching,
the wife came home and said it probably rolled somewhere and I said
no way,
she found it by the fridge.

WOMEN, I guess they're good for something!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by Bansheebob@Dec 15 2003, 06:39 PM
Dude!! Don't be so hard on yourself... :nono We/I have done "Dumb & Dumber" things at one time or another...and still DO! :lol We're only Human, unless you Walk on water. Call up your local shop, they might have one in stock...

i can walk on water :lol :lol just kidding bansheebob is right we all make dumb mistakes its all part of wrenching on your own bike glad to hear you got her together thats all that matters. dont matter how you get there as long as you do

andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts