YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding detailed info on the YFZ450R engine hard to find (understandably...). I was wondering if anyone here has any of the answers I'm looking for.

Does anyone know what changes have been made to the YFZ450R to make it fuel injected (other than the basics)? IE, are there any new sensors on it to facilitate the new system? Also, I understand they changed the ignition from CDI to TCI. Does anyone know if the TCI can be put on older YFZ450's? If so, what is needed?

·
Registered
61 Posts
the system is basically setup like a cars fuel injection system,tps crank sensor coollant sensor ect, a conversion to a carbed yfz would be very costly

·
Registered
234 Posts
Found some stuff.

This isn't the same old power plant. The new YFZ450R 449cc engine gets all-new bigger cases along with a new beefed-up crankshaft that's ready to handle the increased torque that this new engine can produce. The external oil tank has been incorporated into the engine. A bigger counterbalance aids in superior vibration control. In addition, new camshafts are used which are said to maximize the low and mid range power. Its new fuel injection uses a 12-hole injector and a 42mm Mikuni throttle body and includes an idle speed control. Also new are the gear ratios. A 5-valve titanium cylinder head is used but a made-for-racing CNC ported GYTR head assmbly, complete with titanium valves and GYTR Performance Camshafts, which are already pre assembled into the head, will be available at your dealer for $2,245.95. In addition a GYTR High Compression Piston Kit, which increases engine compression from 11:4:1 to 13:2:1 is available for $193.95. Yamaha claims a 33% increase will be obtained with its GYTR hop up components. Yamaha's Dustin Nelson said the motor is amazing in stock form and with its beefed up crank and engine cases is far more acceptable to pro class modification.The technologically advanced 450R is also equipped with electronic fuel injection featuring a 42mm Mikuni® throttle body, 12-hole Denso injector system and a Mitsubishi 32 bit ECU, which provides exceptional atomization of the fuel for maximum power, unrivaled throttle response and automatic altitude and temperature adjustment. The system also includes idle speed control for easy, reliable start-up. A stainless steel head pipe with a titanium heat shield and a new oval muffler provide maximum performance while keeping the YFZ450R well within current noise guidelines.

·
Registered
61 Posts
looking from the front of the bike on the case behind the jug on the right side, you will a plug, thats the crank sensor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts