YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 04 Yfz non-running. I will be getting her all fixed up and ready to rip soon. But I look in the back and cant help but wonder how the *** am i gonna ride this thing without destroying chains, sprokets, and brake discs! Because i know FOR SURE that i will be slipping and sliding over rocks, stumps, etc. So could a few of you veterans, give me some direction in what to get for a swingarm skid plate, sproket and brake guard, or both? I know i could probably find this out on my own, but Id prefer having some advice from the guys who have been riding/racing these things for years. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
453 Posts
04 and 05 rears mount different, 06 up carb models use a flush style mount instead of the drop mounts. Heres my knowledge and experience with skids. If you go for a plate style metal/aluminum skid PRM make the absolute best, I have used them for years on several different quads. Another option you can do the single sprocket guard and rotor guard on the 04/05's , Blingstar, GT Thunder, VGR Vanilla Gorilla Racing, Texeira Tech, Derisi, CV4, Houser, LSR, All make solid sprocket guards, As for the rotor guard this is what stumps a lot of 04/05 users wanting to run this type setup, not many make the rotor guards for those years, LSR, ARS-FX and GT Thunder make the best ive ran for those years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.