YFZ Central banner

Looking For New Racers In Alberta

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  canadian_eh 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I typed this once but it got lost in cyberspace. I was at the Alberta Oldtimer Motocross Club meeting last night and they have had a quad class at their events for the last 2 years. There are always about 4 to 8 racers but they would like to see more. It is a very relaxed type of racing with emphasis on fun not winning. It is still competetive but there is more fun than the CMRC races. there are about 8 events a summer and even some winter snow man racing too. I race a bike but have a YFZ and would like to see the quad class continue. Alberta Guy here races the series and has a lot of fun. They are looking for more quaders so have a look at www.aotmx.ca or contact me for more info. They even mentioned about waiving the entrace fee possibly for a persons first race to let people try it to see if they like it. Come on out next spring and give it a try it is a very fun time!

#5 ·
Coming from the guy that doesn't even ride his quad. Vern your just a posser you do not ride a quad you ride a bike. And i recall Vern you only last 30 seconds in your last race. lol[/b]
your right he doesn,t ride his quad much up there in Canadia. but down here in So cal he rides the w00ter out of his 450r. From what i have heard he could beat you on a bone stock crf 50 ahhahahahhaahha just kidding eeh.

#6 ·
your right he doesn,t ride his quad much up there in Canadia. but down here in So cal he rides the w00ter out of his 450r. From what i have heard he could beat you on a bone stock crf 50 ahhahahahhaahha just kidding eeh.[/b]
This is coming from the guy that flew to canada with his girlfriend. Rented skidoos , drove 8 hours to ride the skidoos, and went home after four hours becuase his girlfriend was cold. Now whos laughing. ha ha. Anyways you should come up this winter and see what its like to ride a quad in the snow and ice on the sturgeon river with us.

#7 ·
Now now boys......play nice.
Alan, I have put more years on quads then you are old you know........ :nono:
LOL. I just got bored.
Bryan did a hell of a job on a sled considering how long he was on one - he learns quick.
Personally I'd rather ride sand dunes than the sturgeon any day if I had that option. It is waaaay more fun!
Now go out and ride somewhere...... :mhihi:

#8 ·
SnowMan Team Race
Sunday Dec 16th, 2007 & Dec 30th, 2007

RACE DETAILS:

Place: Vegreville MX Track

Sign in: 11:00am to 12:00pm

Practice: 12:00pm

Race: 1:00pm to 4:30pm

Costs: $30.00 per rider Bikes(big wheel only)/Quads (full size only)

Maximum entrys 30 teams!!

Contact: Gord 780-965-3162 or Tom 780-493-1791 or visit www.aotmx.ca for updates and rules.

AOTMX membership required, teams can consist of Minimum 2 max 4 riders. Most number of laps completed wins bragging rights. Bikes must be equipped with ice tires to participate.
Race is subject to cancellation due to cold weather conditions. ( will not run below -10 to -12)

There are 30 teams maximun for scoreing, an additionl 8 riders will be able to enter but not scored. Total number of bikes 38 maximun at any one time on the track.

Directions:
From Edmonton travel East on Highway 16, 8km before Vegreville turn North on secondary Hwy 631, follow 631 to stop sign, continue east on 631, just after small bridge take the first turn right (south). Follow on gravel road to the track.

#11 ·
3rd and 4th races of the snowman series!!!!

Sunday Jan 13th, 2008 & Jan 27th, 2008

RACE DETAILS:

Place: Devil's Lake MX Track

Sign in: 11:00am to 12:00pm

Practice: 12:00pm

Race: 1:00pm to 4:30pm

Costs: $30.00 per rider Bikes(big wheel only)/Quads (full size only)

Maximum entrys 30 teams!!

Contact: Gord 780-965-3162 or Tom 780-493-1791 or visit www.aotmx.ca for updates and rules.

2008 AOTMX membership required, teams can consist of Minimum 2 max 4 riders. Most number of laps completed wins bragging rights. Bikes must be equipped with ice tires to participate.
Race is subject to cancellation due to cold weather conditions. ( will not run below -10 to -12)

There are 30 teams maximun for scoring, an additional 8 riders will be able to enter but not scored. Total number of bikes 38 maximun at any one time on the track.

It is recommended that the bikes are registered & insured for the ice portion of the track.

Check http://www.aotmx.ca for more information or feel free to pm me
And first time quad riders pay no mombership fees!!! Pay only your entry fees!! Registration and insurance only recommended for snowman series not summer MX because of ice portion of the track.

#13 ·
As listed before, go to the Alberta oldtimers website www.aotmx.ca to see race dates and locations. Calgary has one of the best tracks in the province right in the middle of the city. Not sure about quads on there but they should let you ride I believe.
There are about 4 or 5 tracks around Edmonton that the oldtimers ride on that for sure allow quads. Vegreville, Westlock, Castrol Park by the international Airport (south side of Edmonton), Alix raceways near Red Deer, Another semi private track south west of Edmonton and a place near Redwater called Super Daves. There is also a track in Rocky Mtn. House that used to be good but I haven't been there in about 7 years. Hope this helps.

#15 ·
QUOTE (******* @ Mar 26 2008, 08:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=658230
no quads are allowed on the blackfoot track in calgary. theres a track near rimby alberta about 2 hours north of calgary[/b]
I live about 15 minutes away from that track. It is not very good. Im hoping they will fix it up. I would recommend the track in Alix. Very fun track. www.xtremeraceways.com

#16 ·
i live in central alberta about 45 minutes from red deer... a town called rimbey... we are in the process of building central alberta raceways out here... we have a track half mile side by side drag strips that arent paved yet ( awesome for quads and bikes) a dirt oval and all..... but im still trying to find any locals(red deer area) wanting to ride... even trail riding..... none of my friends are hardcore enough

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.