YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking for suggestions on the best way to get good lighting thats not too expensive on my 2014 yfz450r. It has the GYTR front grab bar. Need to be able to run it off stock stator. Also do not want to mount anything to bars. Is it correct that I only have around 40W to use?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Aim down a little so when you sit down it goes up a little other wise will be aiming up. Not done running harness and finding a switch that fits steering stem hole as ive been busy on other projects.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Im wiring my lights straight to battery with a fused harness its own circuit. No splicing into stock harness bs.

SPOT BEAMS KC C3 the ones i got. Dont do flood. Get spots.

But if u a cheapoo harbor freight has some cubes that are copies to rough country black series.

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you're going to add LEDs it's not worth getting cheap ones. They don't aim the light correctly. I would do Baja Designs personally but that is one thing you don't want to cheap out on.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Every single cheap junk i see on the street no name brand lense turn yellow. My guess is that the cheap stuff is krappy lenses.
Learned my lesson years ago. Added fog light to my base model ranger but bought "oem replacement" instead of OEM motorcraft and lenses turned yellow in 18 months. To the trash they went.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hello, I am looking for suggestions on the best way to get good lighting thats not too expensive on my 2014 yfz450r. It has the GYTR front grab bar. Need to be able to run it off stock stator. Also do not want to mount anything to bars. Is it correct that I only have around 40W to use?
Define not too expensive. Someones 140 dollars cheap might be your extremely expensive.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hid kit on oem headlights.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Mount 2 amazon special flashlights with tape.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Its like saying i want 23 more horses on my stock yfz. Budget is 300 dollars max.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts