YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the market for a new intake, took the 450 mudding once through the trails i use to ride atc through and decided i wasnt going mudding with the 450 anymore, i prefer racing the local banshees and just messing around on hardpack trails. i am looking for any opinions along with the price, like the noss pro flow setup and such or any that eliminate the airbox completely and if someone has some pics pelase post links to them aswell, i do not want a foam filter i want a k&n

·
Registered
503 Posts
i bought the um box from team alba and awaiting it to install. has a small screen velcro piece that goes where the lid used to be to seal it somewhat. i love the cfm one too as it has a small lid on top with beveled pieces to allow the air in and keep the filter somewhat safe. both come with k&n filter.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
If you want to loose the air box completly get the ESR kit.

I would take a pic of mine but it is in the trailer already we are leaving in the morning for the DUNES!!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Nov 25 2003, 10:37 PM
If you want to loose the air box completly get the ESR kit.

I would take a pic of mine but it is in the trailer already we are leaving in the morning for the DUNES!!!
man must be nice i have to work tommorrow. where did you get your esr kit & how much

andy

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I got my intake straight from Eddie Sanders Racing look for his ad in Dirtwheels it has a YFZ in it a slow blue one :D

I don't know the web address something like esr250.com or something

just look for the ad and give him a call

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Asher@Nov 26 2003, 10:59 AM
how much did it run you?
Like $65 bucks plus shipping, came with the rubber hose alluminum intake and K&N

·
Registered
521 Posts
I just put in the Noss system yesterday, Huge K&N filter, love it,Rejetting required,
I have a picture but I can't get it to download, or if you want you can click on my pics below and find it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I installed the CFM airbox with the larger 4" flange K&N
on it just in time for the dunes.

It still uses the stock intake tube.

After 4 days of running it without the lid, there was not one speck of sand in the box :what

This thing is well made, and works great.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
The problem with all those other intake kits is you keep the restrictive intake tube that is where the problem is.

The ESR and Ron Woods kits both replace that with a large tube. I will post a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ Racer326@Dec 1 2003, 11:58 AM
Where can I find the ron woods airbox kit
www.rotax.net

No pics (that I know of), but call 'em and they'll hook you up.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so the woods and the esr kit are both the same? i read i think 68 dollars for the woods kit and that includes the filter and all? how about the outerwears?

no one has a kit out there yet something like the noss adapter but with an intake tube like the woods and esr?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Asher@Dec 1 2003, 12:28 PM
so the woods and the esr kit are both the same? i read i think 68 dollars for the woods kit and that includes the filter and all? how about the outerwears?

no one has a kit out there yet something like the noss adapter but with an intake tube like the woods and esr?
No. The Wood intake is steel ~$150.00 w/ filter and the ESR is al ~$70.00 w/ filter.

Wood also has an intake that basically replaces the stock intake and leaves the box w/ a K&N inside. I don't know about ESR.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Nov 30 2003, 10:26 PM
The problem with all those other intake kits is you keep the restrictive intake tube that is where the problem is.

The ESR and Ron Woods kits both replace that with a large tube.  I will post a pic.
I'd love to see the inside of the ESR and how they step around that corner and down to the 38mm intake. :wtf

The Wood/K&N design is extremely efficient. Have I posted pics? I will.

Here's the 42mm w/ the box still on...

The 38mm is just like it, but there's a little flange that bolts to the frame and the airbox is not used.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Asher@Dec 1 2003, 12:47 PM
can it be made to use the airbox with the 38mm?
Yes. You can do the 38mm w/ or w/o the airbox. They are (2) different systems, but they are available. I just talked to them last week about one for my wife's quad.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Here is what it consists of plus the filter of course.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts