YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm looking at buying my first quad and have been considering the 2010-2011 450x's. I found one that appears to be in good shape but I'm kind of looking for a 100% stock engine and not sure about this one.

It's at a used bike dealer and not in my state so I'd have to buy/ship it without seeing it in person. When I asked about it they said the BB edition came with a FMF pipe straight from the Yamaha factory, but I can't find anything that would confirm that..

I'll post a picture of the exhaust and a link to a video too so you can all hear it. I'm not around quads a lot but I am into cars and the lumpy idle makes me think it might have a cam. I've listened to plenty of other video's of similar quads and they all seem to have a smoother idle. It still sounds good, don't get me wrong but I just want to be sure about what I'm potentially spending thousands of dollars on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygFEHY1CRrI

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
bb bikes never came with a slip on fmf. looks like the frame has bin put together with different parts cause of the shades of blue. I wouldn't buy it if the price is more than 4k sence your buying from a dealer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I didn't notice the color difference you spoke of. I just thought it was the lighting/shading.

I'll keep asking questions about the bike though and see what else I can find out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Never came with a FMF but still looks like a clean bike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Idk why they'd lie and say it came with the fmf but it looks clean to me besides whatever's on the seat haha
lol, i hear that.. i just figured it's a sales person who will tell anyone anything to make a sale.. and as for the seat, it's a strange stain.. looks like someone got oil of some sort on it.. or shat themselves while riding

·
Registered
864 Posts
What's the price

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've also got my eye on a 2013 TRX450R and he's asking $4500. I'm in no rush, just looking for a good quality woods bike that's a good deal.

If I can't find one used I may turn to a new KFX450R (reverse would be nice) or even a Can-Am DS 450X XC.. but I'd rather not spend that much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ended up forgetting about that 2010, he wanted too much plus I would have had to buy it without seeing it and pay for shipping.. but thank you all for the replies!

Now I've found a 05 YFZ450 and a 07 YFZ450 BB Edition locally to check out. Both are said to be in excellent condition and the asking prices are much less... $2700 for the 05 and $3200 for the 07. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The 07 won't be fuel injected... Which is what you're really paying for when you get a X or R
If I can find a 2010 locally I'll certainly consider it still, but so far the ones I've found are way over priced or they look beat.

(there's one asking $7000 obo, lol.. i'm sure it's nice but no thanks)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.