YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well as you can see with my name overboosted 450 im working on a turbo kit for my yfz i need to find some one thats sells a metal base gasket for the yfz tahst about twice as think as the stock so i can drop my com. so the motor will beable to handle a lil boost :lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't know of any gasket but I think it would be easier and more reliable to just run lower boost than mess with the engine compression. Other than that I would rather just put a new piston with a different dome to lower compression. when you change to a metal gasket it doesn't seat down as good as the oem and could potential fail easily. By the way ever turbo setup I seen has been a complete failure or runs good for about a couple hours and then blows up big time. I'm glad you want to try and I am not saying you can't do it, it just doesn't seem very reliable.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well this yould be why im running a metal base gaskit...so i wont blow a stock paper style one out and to also drop comp. i am going to use a low comp. piston also..i have a honda civic that runs 13 in the 1/4 im not worried about building my 450 to blow up :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cometic will build you a gasket but then you have to deal with the advanced cam timing, lack of chain slack,and modifying the head stay for increased height.
You would be better off adding more dish on the piston(easily done on the YFZ piston because it's forged), and opening up the combustion chamber about 3cc.

Could realisticly get 8 to 1 without messing with the base gasket!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ470@Nov 14 2003, 07:04 PM
Cometic will build you a gasket but then you have to deal with the advanced cam timing, lack of chain slack,and modifying the head stay for increased height.
You would be better off adding more dish on the piston(easily done on the YFZ piston because it's forged), and opening up the combustion chamber about 3cc.

Could realisticly get 8 to 1 without messing with the base gasket!
Yes that would be the best way to drop the compression, and all that can be done at home with a dremel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts