1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i dont burn my pants there, its more where the heat guard is, i dont have a heat guard tho. I actually burnt a pair of covies today from drifting and leaning over then my leg touched, i could smell something burning and i looked down and my red covies were brown! lol

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
yeh had that problem to i wrapped it with header tape
but when i got my first pair of riding pants i had my mother in law sew some black jean material on the bottom half of my pants that worked for a while.didnt mean to jack. nice work

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just cut it out of a thin piece of aluminum, filed the corners, made a few custom bends in the vice, drilled the holes and bolted on. It actually looked pretty good with just the aluminum, but I wanted it to match the heel area so I put the Carbon fiber decal on it and it doesn't get too hot at all, tried it out last weekend........so It was free for me, got the aluminum from a friend! Although I did strip out one of the allens that holds the fender bracket on so neede to buy 2 bolts for $.40 :shocker:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 16 2009, 10:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747289
i dont burn my pants there, its more where the heat guard is, i dont have a heat guard tho. I actually burnt a pair of covies today from drifting and leaning over then my leg touched, i could smell something burning and i looked down and my red covies were brown! lol[/b]
are you talking the heat shield on the head pipe? if so you have gumby legs!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
555 Posts
QUOTE (butch1581 @ Feb 16 2009, 09:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747305
are you talking the heat shield on the head pipe? if so you have gumby legs![/b]

I melt all my pants and boots on the head pipe but I don't do it leaning over in the turns. I usually do it sliding up on the seat during braking into the corner trying to keep my weight over the front of the bike to get it stopped and turned in then once im in its all leaning in and back with the swing arm I don't wheelie much but I never burn my leg back there on the pipe.

that guard looks really nice. Looks like you took your time.

·
Registered
723 Posts
open just the picture in windows ect.

open the link as an example: http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1091/4131...6/355083085.jpg

see how its just the picture? ok now

copy the images address off the address bar you know the http:///blah blah blah

now use this code (code in bold)

[i mg].... (no spaces)paste address you copied (no spaces) [/img]

those steps work in all forums

if you want to do it the easy way just copy the address bar of the pic you want and click the insert image box (its right next to the smile box) and paste the address in there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts