YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are some good long travel shocks to go with +2 arms? oh and price needs to be resonable too...

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
What's your idea of reasonable? :wtf

most prices are about $800.00 and up for longtravels....And when your in that price range all of them are good. 8|

I'm running LT PEP's if that matters :re

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
yea, once you spend that much on them, they are all real close. Heres the order of cost:

Elka cheaper of the top quality products
PEP \ about the same
TCS / wait on tcs is long but supposivly the best for the money
Axis most expensive (get what you pay for?)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have rode a bike with custom and a bike with pep but not the tcs. I would like to know the comparison between the pep and the tcs. I was thinking about the tcs but what is the price difference and what is the differnce in proformance. I like the pep sag and they jump really nice and they have some huge rezzies. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
800$ is around the price range give or take a few $. Do you have links were i can view them or have reviews of them?

and lol this may sounds like a noob question but what exactly are the benefits of Long Travel Shocks. Thanks lol

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by bunkerking217@Oct 7 2003, 03:49 AM
yea, once you spend that much on them, they are all real close. Heres the order of cost:

Elka cheaper of the top quality products
PEP \ about the same
TCS / wait on tcs is long but supposivly the best for the money
Axis most expensive (get what you pay for?)
TCS quadrates are the best for the money (about 750 to your door)and don't have that long of a wait (2-4 weeks I think)...... which is about average...... elka will get it to you the quickest...... at about 1-1 1/2 weeks (2 tops)...... but they cost a little more...... PEP's are going to have the longest wait unless you have connections... (about a couple months)....... and compression adj. only will cost you 900.... PEP ARC's (the best shock out there) will cost you probably 1300 or 1400...... but you will get what you pay for if u can ride hard enough for their potential....... and Axis will pretty much be the most expensive ones you can buy..... I think myself that if you're going to pay that much for axis...... u mite as well get PEP ARC's or Motowoz (which is next)....... Axis wait should be 2-4 weeks also....... and now for Motowoz- it is the best shock out there EXCEPT for the PEP ARC's....... the price is kind of high and theyre pretty new so not many people run them..... but trust me..... theyre the best... let usknow if we can help you with anything else

·
Registered
625 Posts
k dudes, we have two different columns here. PRICE and Quality.

PRICE: Quality:
PEP ARC 1695.00 nothing better
MOTOWOZ 1495.00 appear to be high-quality never tried them
AXIS 1349.00 high quality but cant handle ARC-type abuse
ELKA 1400.00 high quality but cant handle ARC-type abuse
PEP ZPS 849.99 best bang for buck but not for ARC-type riders
TCS ???.?? appear to be a better works shock havent tried
WORKS ???.?? CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k

Ok, now that we have that laid out you guys need to REALISTICALLY assess your riding capability. If you are a Dana Creech level person that taxes their shocks and have the ability to push Axis shocks past their limits and over-heat them you need PEP ARC's. They are the only shock I have ever ridden that get better over the length of a moto. Are they worth the 1700 bucks for the front and 1500 for the rear? Depends on who you are. If you are the fastest guy at your local track and you dont have any issues with PEP's or Axis or Elkas then keep them. Dont spend twice as much just to be like the pros because the ARC's will make you pay for it. They are not a plush riding shock. They will beat you within an inch of your life unless you know how to push them. To be honest I get by with the PEP ZPS shocks with the bigger ARC rezzies and that is it. They are good enough for me to fart around on. And if I am training with a buddy on the MX track or something they are good enough to keep from fading during training sessions. I would say that there isnt anyone on this board that I KNOW of that needs ARC's. They just arent useful for us mortals.
Isaac

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thats not true about the ARC's being harsh! My friends Rick and Traci Cecco both use them racing GNCC's. She rides a YFZ and he rides a Cannondale. Both are nice and plush. They soak up the little stuff as well as the big jumps on the MX tracks that we run on some GNCC coarses.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
that is axis shocks and gibson arms....... both are pretty pricey..... arms come in at bout 1200 or so and cant see the bottom good enough to tell if that has the reb. adjustment....... but theyre at least 1100 or so....... if its reb. adj. also, then they were prolly bout 1400...... both are overpriced IMO......... u can get laeger for 800 and PEP for 900 and they're just as good or maybe better IMO

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nope no rebound adjust, only compression adjust. My rear shock has both . I like how my set up looks and works for me. YFZ_53 was pretty close on retail price.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by EX 80@Oct 14 2003, 03:53 AM
I like how my set up looks and works for me.
Definitely the best looking arms made, which I think is why theyre so expensive. Wasn't dogging your $h1t at all...... i aint got a quad rite now so i cant say much :lol ......... and ive ridden on axis...... i jumped them........ they were VERY smooth but valved a little stiff for me so i could REALLY tell...... but just get what you cna afford and if u can afford wat u like..... get that $h1t :rock

·
Registered
213 Posts
i have the roll front end with elkas zero preload it works pretty darn well we just had the maryland state championships here and you know what kind of bumps dirtbikes make and my bike just plowed right through them my suspension was definitely an advantage

·
Registered
11 Posts
well I a need some advise! I am torn between what shocks to getfor a long travel front end. either elka, tcs, pep. I have a sponsership with elka(20% off) soo that kind of pushes me that way. I know the peps are really really good but i dont know if the wait is worth it. and i have heard that tcs is also pretty good.

I am really stuck which shocks would be best with the long travel set up? which ones are best for the price?
Any help is greatly appricated.
THANX

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
the TCS are the best for the money but found they fade on me after riding them hard for a good long period of time.................. i would have to say go with elkas since u get the 20% discount......... but PEP's are nice...... ill be gettin PEP...... well just get what you can afford

·
Registered
11 Posts
does anyone know the price for the fully adjustable ssd ELKAs???

1 - 20 of 44 Posts