YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what has any one had any problems with the sprocket hub snapring fitting inside the hub on a lonestar axle :what

·
Registered
625 Posts
You are putting it on the axle first ?
Has the ring seated properly?
Mine was easy once the ring was in place.
Are your wheel hubs sloppy on the splines like mine?

Geoff.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its installed right its almost like the groove is not deep enough i dont thik it will go any where i just wondered if any one else had seen it the ring is not in the hub any more just against it but the splines were a good fit

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my LSR axle, I thought maybe I had a blem axle or something, I haven't measured anything yet, but I am wondering if this will make the rear sprocket be slightly out of alingment, being the axle won't slide in that last little bit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ill step up to the plate on this one, since im a lonestar distributor. The first so many axles that were put out by lonestar they didnt cut the groove deep enough. Its a very easy fix, any dremel tool will work to make the groove just a TAD bit deeper. Lonestar claims that it will still hold, but i just did it for extra security. They assured me that it was only about the first 40 axles they produced. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I thought about doing that, but say the axle was to break, would lonestar void their warranty when they seen that I had ground on the axle?? :sonic

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have one of the first LSR axles and mine is the same way....hub doesn't go over snap ring completely....no problems though.....JIM

·
Registered
58 Posts
our axel has the same problem. Just deepened the grove and its fine now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts