YFZ Central banner

Little Sahara Utah

845 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  KGB 
#1 ·
Well I live in IL and have a trip planned to Little Sahara Utah in early June almost finalized. I was just wondering if this place is really as much fun as the pictures and videos I ahve seen on www.dunerreview.com, and also is it worth the 16-20 hour drive it would be for me from IL? Does anyone frequent LS Utah and be willing to be a tour guide for a few days? Lol

#2 ·
They say that UTAH has the greatest snow on Earth and we do, we just might have the greatest sand on the Earth as well...

To answer your questions YES it is as fun and exciting as shown in videos if not more. Big bowls, miles upon miles of sand, and the famous SAND MOUNTAIN, its all here at Little Sahara.

As far as the drive it will be worth it. Pop in a few dozen CD's and your good to go. For me, I'm there in 45 min. and 1 CD! :lol

What are you looking for in a tour guide?

Also what machines do you ride? Will you be staying in a Hotel or camping out at Little Sahara? How many people will be comming out with ya?

And lastly, you can contact Little Sahara Visitor Center @ 435-743-4116

#4 ·
I will be heading out there June 4, and driving for 2 days, coming back the 10 or something. Tour Guide, just someone taht can show us all the good spots and is not slow! About7-10 guys will be coming with. My bro and I will be on YFZs, some guys no DS 650s and grizzlies.

Will I have to re jet coming from IL?

#5 ·
I am sure we can help ya out while your here. BY THE WAY, THE REAL QUESTION IS... CAN YOU KEEP UP! ;)

Will you be camping or staying in a Hotel?

I am sure that you will need to re-jet, what is your elevation there? I will check but we think that Little Sahara ranges between 4,500 -5,500.

#7 ·
I was out at little sahara last week that place is off the wall awsome if you have never been to big dunes before you must go but be prepaired the nearest town is 30 minutes away and bring lots of beer all night parties. I live in iowa and it took us 20 hours to get there the mountains suck to pull a trailer up but I will still go back
If you plan on camping theres a truck stop 2 miles from nephi with showers trust me after a couple day oh man!!
:uhoh

#8 ·
Originally posted by Bryan_YFZ@Mar 3 2004, 11:54 PM
I may be going in the near future also. im up here in layton utah just need to buy some paddles :yfz :sonic 8)
you dont need paddles for ls. there nice but not mandatory, my yfz did great with stockers on

#9 ·
There is a group coming from Indiana, on the 11th of June. There are going to be many from dunereview, and the compound there, if its not too late to change it, I woudl suggest coming then, it will be a blast
. As far as the 4th. I imagine I will be there, we always are there. Ill show you around.
Its well worth it. You WILL NOT BE LET DOWN.
Take a look at this and you will know...

Let me know, I will be there. You might have trouble keeping up with my wife on a Suzy, let alone me on my HONDA! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.