YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who kept their lights on the bike(YFZ), what do you think about them? Do they have good coverage, or are you going to get rid of them and put something else on?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
the lights on the yfz hook up to the stator, rather than the battery, like a banshee. basically, this means that the higher hte bike revs, the brighter the lights are. so, at an idle, the lights are dim and become brighter as the rpm's climb. a lot of people remove their lights to save weight-and the same applies to this quad. simple as that :rock

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
my lights dont get any brighter after a certain RPM. like i give it about 1/8 of a throttle and they stay jsut as bright all the way to full throttle...

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Tainted Glory@Aug 13 2003, 02:04 PM
the lights on the yfz hook up to the stator, rather than the battery, like a banshee. basically, this means that the higher hte bike revs, the brighter the lights are. so, at an idle, the lights are dim and become brighter as the rpm's climb. a lot of people remove their lights to save weight-and the same applies to this quad. simple as that :rock
The lights are about 1lb ea.

I've had them off and on. I don't really like riding in the dark - may end up just leaving 'em off.

BTW: Tainted, you run'n one of them full auto Glocks? That'll put a quick fix on the BG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts