YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see them.
Looking to run a cheap Chinese ebay one.
Let's see your bracket and mounting location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
i bought a rigid industries lightbar bracket for my bike works great! mounts underneath the handle bar, it said it is suppoes to mount to all the bikes there(Kawaski, suzuki, honda...etc.) The holes didnt match up for my yfzr so i just redrilled new ones and mounted the bracket upside... cant remember why exactly but it did look better haha!

·
Registered
19 Posts
the bracket is for a 10 in. lightbar btw you can look it up on 4 wheel parts .com thats where i got mine from but you can probably find it cheaper somewhere else or actually make it, its actually a simple design.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I want to see them.
Looking to run a cheap Chinese ebay one.
Let's see your bracket and mounting location.

Rigid for the win.

Don't waste the time and effort on those Chinese ones. Got many sets laying around that are more useless than even the stock lights.

I only ride in the winter in the snow I just run a single rigid single SR10 combo light. With rigid you can also look at pics with specs to see what exactly what the beam strength and pattern is.

For example
http://www.rigidindustries.com/sites/default/files/catalog/25.pdf

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rigid for the win.

Don't waste the time and effort on those Chinese ones. Got many sets laying around that are more useless than even the stock lights.

I only ride in the winter in the snow I just run a single rigid single SR10 combo light. With rigid you can also look at pics with specs to see what exactly what the beam strength and pattern is.

For example
http://www.rigidindustries.com/sites/default/files/catalog/25.pdf
Ugh. I know, but I dont ride the dunes. I trail ride in hell hole NJ.
So I just want something that helps the oem lights.
And I think the cheap guys would be more then enough. I don't take my night rides serious.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I'm not a dunner either. I ride the frozen river and trails in the snow.

Also the way you are spending and upgrading sooner or later you will end up with an aftermarket suspension. Those front ends move up and down so much that it makes many dimmer light set ups useless.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not a dunner either. I ride the frozen river and trails in the snow.

Also the way you are spending and upgrading sooner or later you will end up with an aftermarket suspension. Those front ends move up and down so much that it makes many dimmer light set ups useless.
Crap.
I know you're right, you're just not telling me what I want to hear.
This will move down the priority list to like last. I have way more important things to do.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found my set up.
I'm going to copy this probably exactly. I think it looks awesome, the guy gave me a break down of his lights and why he's using the ones he is. Says he can actually use them and not go blind.

·
Registered
24 Posts
His brackets are really nice, but just a single high quality 10" bar for me. Won night time desert races with this setup. Never outrun the light in 5th gear but you have to run a high quality bar. Rigid bracket but I had to modify it a lot for fitment around tank and bars. Cut out a lot of material and welded new stuff back in to make it stronger again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts