YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the factory headlights suck, theres no doubt, not to mention running on AC POWER Sucks too. So i found these hi output led lights on amazon and retrofitted them into my stock headlights. They look awesome and put out some mega light. 2800 lumens each vs. 1000.

Reactions: Synergy

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's bad ass. But is it blinding to someone coming from the other direction? Also can you ad a link to where we can find the lights?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its all wired direct to battery for now with a fuse, im waiting to run my actual wiring for a mini fuse block to show up. That will be each on it own switch as welk as an led whip i dont have yet.

Heres a link to the lights i used. Each one of these puts out more lumens than my light bar, crazy bright...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T9GNAYE/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
44 Posts
did you bolt the less to the headlight or how did you mount them to the headlight? very cool set up thinking about doing the same to mine just worried about trail riding how bright they will be to incoming drivers, is there a high low beam setting?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do the lights have a low and high beam and what kinda power draw do they use? safe with a stock 2006 stator?
They're rated at 35w vs stock at 30w, so not much difference at all. One beam only, very high beam.
did you bolt the less to the headlight or how did you mount them to the headlight? very cool set up thinking about doing the same to mine just worried about trail riding how bright they will be to incoming drivers, is there a high low beam setting?
Only 1 beam very bright, i dont come across other riders too often, so wasnt my concern.
Great mod for the standard lights. How do they stay fixed to the actual headlight, did you make an additional bracket?
I cut into the headlight to mount these inside the housing, then epoxied them to the stock housing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If i see someone on a quad turning night into day at Waynoka I will know it is you. The stock headlights are pretty bad on every model in my opinion. We always end getting a set for the handlebars. Night riding is a blast at the dunes though!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If i see someone on a quad turning night into day at Waynoka I will know it is you. The stock headlights are pretty bad on every model in my opinion. We always end getting a set for the handlebars. Night riding is a blast at the dunes though!
Haha, ill be there may 12!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts