YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Be careful what bulbs you go with. Try and find a very low wattage bulb. Had issues with high wattage/amperage bulbs. The bike was bogging and killing the battery when they were on. Once I shut them off it ran fine.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think far as brightness the stockers are just a bright as most led bulbs from what I've heard. It might look whiter but usually not much improvement. Best money spent for light upgrade is a HID upgrade kit or a light bar. Believe stockers make 1050 lumens. Plus a lot of led bulbs are cheap junk and false advertise their brightness. But to each they own I say light bar is your best light upgrade. Need to upgrade stator if your doing light upgrades tho.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am gonna have to beg to differ stock bulbs are garbage I just cut the plugs on mine and went to autozone and wired a 9004 plug to my wires and then bought sylvana led headlights that are 9004 and make sure u get one with a load equalizer built into it and mine are stupid bright and I havnt had any battery problems and I leave mine on with the bike off all the time

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am gonna have to beg to differ stock bulbs are garbage I just cut the plugs on mine and went to autozone and wired a 9004 plug to my wires and then bought sylvana led headlights that are 9004 and make sure u get one with a load equalizer built into it and mine are stupid bright and I havnt had any battery problems and I leave mine on with the bike off all the time
They are garbage but guys think the cheap LEDs you get on Amazon or eBay are brighter. But there really not. Never heard of someone switching to a car style bulb that's a cool idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts