YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here guys. I just recently adjusted the preload on my stock rear shock and now it appears to be leaking fluid. There is a small puddle under the bike and when I started looking for where is came from I noticed the same fluid all over my shock. :angry

Would adjusting the preload (or any adjustment for that matter) cause this? I had no problems until the adjustment and I have only rode around here at the house since the adjustment so I havent really been pushing the shock.

Should I re-adjust the preload back to where it was or should I just call my dealer or what?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
441 Posts
if you had no sag you most likely caused it, if not take it to the dealer

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
no, the preload ring should not hav made it leak...... it sounds like u blew a seal or or the cap is loose or sumthing......... idk tho....... bring it to ur dealer at let em check

·
Registered
441 Posts
some people think to make it stiffer you tighten the spring down, if it has too lil sag the shock can beat its self apart....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Talked to my dealer and he said he was 90% sure he would warranty it. Just had to bring it in so he could look at it. If he wont then I guess I will be giving Derisi a call sooner than I wanted to. I am hoping to send all three shocks to him sometime this summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts