YFZ Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont get to ride too often, the last 2 times it has snowed, was gonna get it out and play, and both times leaked gas like crazy until i turned the gas off. its a 2004 with no carb or engine mods, just filter and slip-on. Any help would be appreciated !!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
where is it leakign from?

petcock? carb? anywhere in between?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
answer? lol

you quoted me but you didnt write anything lol

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
oh thats like the overflow thing.

i dunno, just thinkin out loud but a stuck float bowl?

im not much help lol sorry man, i thought it woulda been from like a more obvious place. I;m sure one of the smarter guys will answer this.

I see your new to the site, its an awesome site, lots of things you will find out about your machine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 14 2009, 12:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746352
oh thats like the overflow thing.

i dunno, just thinkin out loud but a stuck float bowl?

im not much help lol sorry man, i thought it woulda been from like a more obvious place. I;m sure one of the smarter guys will answer this.

I see your new to the site, its an awesome site, lots of things you will find out about your machine.[/b]

i think thats it too, just didnt know if it was common on yfz's that didnt get ridden alot, thanks for the info

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (jc9540 @ Feb 13 2009, 11:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746353
i think thats it too, just didnt know if it was common on yfz's that didnt get ridden alot, thanks for the info[/b]
not being ridden alot wouldnt be the problem. It may be it if it is the stuck float bowl.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
no prob bro, thats what this site is for! lol

have you done the cam-mod yet?

awesome trick that i recomend to any YFZ owner

do you have any sort of mechanic backround?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have not, I want to though, I hear it peps it up a little !! I have a little mechanic experience, althugh i will probably let someone that has done it before do mine !! would end up costing me more in the long run if I did it myself lol

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (jc9540 @ Feb 13 2009, 11:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746360
I have not, I want to though, I hear it peps it up a little !! I have a little mechanic experience, althugh i will probably let someone that has done it before do mine !! would end up costing me more in the long run if I did it myself lol[/b]
oh lol

but yea it does.

I'm only 15 and i did mine myself, actually i did when i was 14 lol

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
yea man. For sure for sure.

you need a torque wrench the goes as low as 7.2 ft lbs. and just go with confidence and take your time and you'll be fine.

theres a topic pinned about it and its a complete walk thru, i can get the link for ya if you want.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It is your needle and seat in the bottom of your carb. It is supposed to seal when bowl is full sounds like it is stuck open or not sealing good. Take the bowl off the bottom of your carb and check it!

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
a stuck float needle is more common on bikes that arent ridden that much, the gas sits and gets gummy, making things stick.

you can pull the bowl, and try to push it up.

but it would be better to pull the whole carb, clean up the jets and the needle, and put it back together.

its a good idea, after a ride, if you think the bike is gonna sit for a while, turn the gas off at the tank, and open the little allen head screw at the bottom of the carb and drain the gas out.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It could be the float needle assembly. I've seen this a few times. The rubber tip looks fine but it actually won't make a good seal. (This is the part that is hooked to the float and allows fuel to go into bowl, and shuts off when bowl is full)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts